Trinidad & Tobago vs Venezuela

Trinidad Tobago Venezuela - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 10th Sep, 2008 - 4:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

?
Poll: In a war between Trinidad & Tobago and Venezuela who would win?
  Trinidad & Tobago       0.00%
  Venezuela       57.14%
  Neither - stalemate       0.00%
  T&T Wins if USA or UK intervenes       42.86%
Total Votes: 7
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
 Venezuela vs. Trinidad Tobago
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2008 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

O.K I have seen the maps of Trinidad. I never thought twice of it before. What is keeping the Venezuelans from taking Trinidad? Don't tell me it is because of your brave soldiers. I have no doubt that your military is brave. Trinidad has some resources.

I figure it is because of world opinion and probably world involvement. I am not being Rude, but rather curious.

What do you all think? I am sure you have thought of it.

Some things to consider when the world is busy. Beings as how the world likes to pit my country against others. I think it is fair.

Sponsored Links:
31st Aug, 2008 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

Venezuela Tobago and Trinidad

Trinidad & Tobago as a nation is part of the commonwealth (We were once a British colony) with heavy investment from the US and other countries because it has a strong oil / gas sector. Any invasion on the part of Venezuela will mean retaliation from those countries. That is probably the only reason that has kept Venezuela from invading. As for the local military, there is no way they could stand up to an invasion from Venezuela. Having lived in Venezuela for a bit I can tell you the people do feel that Trinidad belongs to Venezuela and if Chavez could have his way he would invade and take over everything in a second.

Rather off topic, but...

No service in the Military. We enforce rules here because this is a mature minded Community. What you post here is shown as part of a wider network. You post crap here, crap is shown on our network and it reflects on us. I believe anyone would want to keep their house clean right? Nothing to do with Military service, but everything to do with quality, constructiveness and insight - all characteristics that come when standards are kept.

31st Aug, 2008 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago vs Venezuela Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

What strikes me is what the Trinidad government is doing to prepare for this potential threat. Is the Army being trained in readiness for it? Are more arms being purchased?

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2008 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wow that really isn't a joke then. If the USA and Britain fail then you all may have your hands full.

Chavez is not exactly close the the U.S.

1st Sep, 2008 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

The Americans still probably see the Caribbean as their back yard. This is one reason why they invaded Grenada in the 80s. And since Chavez is one of America's enemies, then I doubt they'd want him to get a foothold in their back yard. But I agree without the US and the British, Trinidad is probably screwed.

1st Sep, 2008 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

I remember when no one thought a coup could happen in Trinidad and one did in July 1990, so the government should plan against an invasion. Then again they don't even have good patrol boats.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Sep, 2008 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Venezuela

I think Trinis on the whole are too lazy and complacent. The storms the other day showed us how vulnerable we are to a hurricane if it comes. It's too much carnival, fetting and eating KFC that preoccupies people here.

10th Sep, 2008 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Venezuela Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Trinidad is the largest exporter of natural gas in the world, who do you think buys all that natural gas? Good ole Uncle Sam. The US will not tolerate Venezuela invading Trinidad besides I think Trinidad and Venezuela have an agreement of sorts. Chavez and Manning are on good terms from what I see, as did Panday. Maybe it's my Trini nature to not worry about such things. To be honest I never thought of it until you mentioned it here in this post.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago vs Venezuela

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,