Does Fear Really Have A Smell?

Does Fear Smell - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2020 - 11:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Smell of fear - alarm pheromones
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2020 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Does Fear Really Have A Smell?

The smell of fear warns other voles. For a prey animal, the smell of a predator is one of many signals for danger. New research has shown that prey individuals can communicate with each other about the presence of a predator. An individual, who was attacked or chased by a predator, can signal danger with its body odor, i.e. Alarm pheromones. The studies showed that alarm pheromone caused different responses in vole behavior and reproduction compared to the direct predator odor. Source 3u.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Apr, 2020 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Smell Have Fear Does

I'm pretty sure animals communicate through pheromones in general, so of course they would communicate fear that way. I bet its more instinctual than choice, but then again, there is always a chance it is choice? I guess we need to research more!

> TOPIC: Does Fear Really Have A Smell?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,