Scorpions

Scorpions - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 8th Mar, 2020 - 9:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Discuss  Scorpions
9th Dec, 2007 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Scorpions

Scorpions

I got some great info on Scorpions via Animal Planet. Did you know that Scorpions can chose a 'stun' version of their poison rather than the 'kill' version when attacking their enemy? The reason is because the 'kill' version takes more chemicals and longer to create within their system. Scorpions account for as much as 1000 deaths per year! You have to be weary of the smaller ones than the bigger ones. Also, the larger the claws of a scorpion the less lethal is their poison.

Scorpions
Scorpions (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Aug, 2015 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Scorpions

A scorpion can have up to 12 eyes. Annually a thousand people are killed by scorpions in Mexico.

24th Feb, 2016 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Scorpions UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Saw one on a trip. It just came out of ground like magic and immediately started to snap its 'hands' at me. They are unsightly things and I immediately killed it (Sorry PETA).

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2016 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Scorpions

Scorpion stings on the rise in Arizona

A wet January and a hot February mean the scorpions are out earlier than usual this year. Ref. Source 2x.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2020 - 9:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Scorpions

Scorpions make a fluorescent compound that could help protect them from parasites. Most scorpions glow a blue-green color when illuminated by ultraviolet light or natural moonlight. Scientists aren't sure how this fluorescence benefits the creatures, but some have speculated that it acts as a sunscreen, or helps them find mates in the dark. Now, researchers have identified a new fluorescent compound from scorpion exoskeletons. The team says that the compound could protect these arachnids from parasites. Source 1e.

> TOPIC: Scorpions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,