Heparin

Heparin - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 15th Apr, 2020 - 11:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Potent anti-coagulant
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2020 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Heparin

Moving closer to producing heparin in the lab. Researchers moved one step closer to the ability to make heparin in cultured cells. Heparin is a potent anti-coagulant and the most prescribed drug in hospitals, yet cell-culture-based production of heparin is currently not possible. Heparin is now produced by extracting the drug from pig intestines, which is a concern for safety, sustainability, and security reasons. Source 9k.

Sponsored Links:
15th Apr, 2020 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Heparin

Pig intestines? I don't think anyone who's going to take in that sort of drug would like to hear it's origins at all. I would like to know how they'd deal with the health aspects since you know; there can be parasites that sometimes goes undetected or what not during the creation process. I know some might think that might sound crazy but with anything regarding animal products there's always some sort of hidden, deep risk.

> TOPIC: Heparin

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,