Wiccans - True Religious Order?

Wiccans True Religious Order - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2004 - 12:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Witches, Wizards and just your average Joe or is there something more? Also includes: Pagan & Magick
2nd Apr, 2004 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Wiccan

"We are not evil. We don't harm or seduce people. We are not dangerous. We are ordinary people like you. We have families, jobs, hopes, and dreams. We are not a cult. This religion is not a joke. We are not what you think we are from looking at T.V. We are real. We laugh, we cry. We are serious. We have a sense of humor. You don't have to be afraid of us. We don't want to convert you. And please don't try to convert us. Just give us the same right we give you--to live in peace. We are much more similar to you than you think." Margot Adler

What do you think about the 'new wave religious group' called the 'Wiccans'? yes, i know... it is NOT new age, but it has gained in popularity and acceptance in recent times. Centuries ago people were burnt at the stake for such religious pursuits. This thread has been started to discuss their beliefs.

Ref. https://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcra.htm

Sponsored Links:
2nd Apr, 2004 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Order Religious True Wiccans

I have a friend who is now Mormon, but at one time was Wiccan. I don't have any problem with the idea of Wicca.

As I understand it, and I may be wrong, Wicca actually IS a "New Age" religion, and is new. While it is generally related to the "old" religions of the celts and the "goddess" religions, it has no direct ties. Instead, it is an attempt by modern people to embrace those old religions. The first practitioners, in the 1960s, did a lot of study, then "created" the religion.

As I said, this is my understanding.

NightHawk

2nd Apr, 2004 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Wiccans - True Religious Order? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I used to work with two people (brother and sister) who were wiccan. They kept it pretty quiet for fear of what people might think or how it might affect their acceptance at work. They were good people. I liked them, but I don't see how it is "truly" a religion. I don't think they believe in an "all powerful creator," but more believe in being one with nature. Of course, it is possible this is just another example of not understanding what wicca really is.

2nd Apr, 2004 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

I don't fully understand this group, I don't know much about their believes but I must confess that some of their believes sound pretty creepy, specially the ones about spells....do they practise witchcraft????

2nd Apr, 2004 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

I think I remember the woman telling me they believed in casting spells, but only good ones, not evil ones like the movies would show.

2nd Apr, 2004 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

I think I remember the woman telling me they believed in casting spells, but only good ones, not evil ones like the movies would show.

That's witchcraft and anything of that type comes from Satan in my humble opinion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2004 - 9:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wiccans True Religious Order

A person i used to work with (we've become close friends over time and still stay in contect) believed along the Wiccan lines. His girl firend was into it much more then he is. From my reading and from what they have told me, this is what i get out of it.

The Wiccan roots come from old Pagan believes that pre-date Christianity.
The laws of nature, are the laws of life.
They do not believe in a "god" but in many gods (somthing like the Egyptians or American Indians), male and female gods. They believe we are all one with life, the animuls and all organic things and that there is not a supreme being. With thier spells, they believe different things have different amounts of nature energy and they draw on that. Like anything there are good and bad. They strongly believe in the "Three-Fold Law" (what comes around goes around) which normaly leads people to act on that. Thats how i understand it, could be wrong. We nver really talked about the after life, so i cant comment abuot that.

What i think abuot the spells, would be the same as i think of praying and self belief (David Blaine pops into my head for that). If you feel, think, believe and focus your self into something strong enough it will become real.

I have to say, both of them are the most respectful people i have ever come across in my life. When i say that, i dont really mean that they have a great respect for other people (they do, but thats not my point), they are honest, straightforward have a head on their sholders and would hepl out just about anyone. They mind their own busines, do not and push their views (about anything) on other people, they stick to what they believe and say. When it come down to a debate, they are stubborn as all hell, laugh.gif... but open minded to what others have to say and try to view things form as many angles as they can to get the best understanding of things. I guess all that could be just them and their upbringing and not their believes, who knows.

Reconcile Edited: Fluffy on 3rd Apr, 2004 - 9:32am

3rd Apr, 2004 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

Wiccans True Religious Order Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 2-Apr 04, 5:02 PM)
That's witchcraft and anything of that type comes from Satan in my humble opinion.

I recently read something about that, but don't remember where or many of the details, other than the fact that perhaps our understanding of the scripture in Deuteronomy might be flawed.

The "casting of spells" might not be much more than prayer. The Wiccans I have had slight dealings with have focused their religion on "goddess" worship - nature. So, to me, they worship nature rather than the Creator of nature.

As for it coming from Satan, that is a given (IMO), but then the same can be said for EVERY religious theology or philosophy other than the revealed religion directly from God. Every religion has elements that have come from, or been influenced by, the adversary - unless it is revealed directly from God.

This certainly doesn't invalidate Wicca as a religion, compared to any of the religions of today (other than that revealed religion).

"By their fruits you shall know them."

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Wiccans - True Religious Order?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,