Racen the Bodyguard

Racen Bodyguard - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 4th May, 2020 - 4:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Closed
ROK II RPG Character 1140 Medieval Text Adventure
Post Date: 3rd May, 2020 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Racen the Bodyguard
A Friend

Racen the Bodyguard

I am Racen Hoganan, son of Captain Scott Hoganan of the Magistrates Red Guard. I will follow in my father's footsteps, becoming the elite of then Council Guard. I may even, as my father did, protect the life of the Magistrate himself. I have trained both my body and my mind, closely heading the wise council of my military leaders and scholastic advisors. I work hard, because I have large shoes to fill.

I find myself now forced to step into those shoes somewhat sooner than expected, with the loss of my mother and my home. I'll look for work in Town, on the expectation that more people means more opportunity. I'll carry the memory of my mother and the lessons of my father with me, but little else. It is time for me to make my mark, and I will begin immediately.

The first step is to find a new ward. As a bodyguard, I will find work and learn my way around the Town. As a student, I'll continue to learn the skills and become strong enough to one day protect more than one charge, I'll protect the Kingdom. This is what I am born for.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd May, 2020 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Racen the Bodyguard
A Friend

Bodyguard Racen

A Sentimental Value

The message of my father's death was delivered to my mother in the form of my father's dented shield. An accompanying note was generously penned by the hand of the ruler he died to protect. A court's artist had created a handsome portrait of my father, it appeared to capture a quiet moment of discussion between the two men; Ruler and Protector both held in the same frame. The two relics - one celebrating life, one commemorating death - immediately become two of my mother's most revered possessions. She created what might best be described as a small shrine under the north-facing window through which my father used to occasionally gaze during quiet nights. A half-dozen waxen candles, two small shelves, and a lifetime of memories were encapsulated therein.
It was at this shrine where I drew to a pause, on that day I left for the Town. I knew my mother had no further use of the treasured relics, but they still held sway over my soul. I decided to leave one for my mother to find if her spirit willed it, and reached out for the portrait. Holding the sturdy frame in my hand, I became concerned that the painted canvas it held may not stand up to the rigors of the road I was about to tread. I carefully replaced the portrait, leveling it smartly alongside the melted candles, and reached instead for the shield. It was old, but well crafted. It would hold up, and provide a connection to my past while I walked into the future.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2020 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Racen the Bodyguard
A Friend

Racen the Bodyguard Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Advisor Description

One of my former instructors, a military man by the name of Lastand, re-entered my world today, very unexpectedly! He sought me out at the tavern while I was relaxing into my evening meal, after I got off duty. He informed me that he would continue my education, as it had been paid for in advance, despite the change in location. A very honorable measure, to be sure. I am greatly comforted by his presence. I have much to learn, and having such a wise and dedicated advisor will be very helpful, indeed!

So, my training continues tomorrow. In addition to my job as a bodyguard. Life is going to be very busy! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2020 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Racen the Bodyguard
A Friend

Bodyguard Racen

I be the proud owner of a new wooden abode which I bought today fer a hefty price.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2020 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Racen the Bodyguard
A Friend

Bodyguard Racen

Reflections On Your Mother

My mother was a courageous woman, of the stout sort befitting a powerful man of battle. She was supportive, nurturing, and steadfast in her support of her household, both before and after my father was killed. Her memory provides me all the inspiration I need when times become difficult. Making her proud, making her sacrifices worth her effort, that is more than enough to keep me on track. I love her, and her memory.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2020 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

Racen the Bodyguard
A Friend

Racen the Bodyguard

Deity of Racen

Glandria the Just is a peaceful, wise, benevolent being of great power and poise. She intercedes when she must, and she guides when she needs, but she is pleased to allow the natural goodness of her followers blossom in it's own time and in its own way. She believes true power is in acting best, not merely acting first.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th May, 2020 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Racen the Bodyguard
A Friend

Racen Bodyguard

House of Sorrows

This man, the father of these two gloriously tortured boys, he is the true bodyguard. Attacked at the outset by a hidden, cowardly assailant known only as Insolitam, these two children have needed protection from the un-initiated cruelty of a public who does not understand the true value of a human mind. To meet the needs of his protected charge, this hero of a father needed to more than merely stand guard… he had to build a world of safety into which both of his children could retreat and find solace. His house may hold sorrow for himself, but he has built a home of safety for his family. What more could be asked of a father? Still, in all his power as this home's creator, he cannot change the simple physics of death. He knows, as do both of his sons, that he will pass on from this world one day. And into that void must step the one other person who understands the delimma; this man's other child, Anxius. Quite an apt name, I should think, for a child who knows he has no choice but to grow into such a difficult, if loving, position. I know the father hasn't asked for any help, beyond a simple ear to speak into, but if it were in my power to do so, I would certainly offer aid to him. His story has certainly moved me enough that I would act, if only I knew what might bring about resolution.

Post Date: 4th May, 2020 - 4:23am / Post ID: #

Racen the Bodyguard
A Friend

Racen Bodyguard Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post

Worship of Glandria

Greatest Glandria, praise unto you for hearing my humble prayer. I seek your advice and intercession on behalf of a poor, grief-stricken man whom I met but two days ago. His story is long, and I know but a mere sliver of its breadth. Still, what little I do know both haunts and saddens me. And despite his tragic circumstances, he has shown himself to be a genuinely kind, warmhearted man who puts his family above himself. I dare not presume myself to the lofty title of Friend to him, but if you would ease the weary soul of Jean Bordeaux, the world would certainly be better for it.
As a goddess who champions the cause of justice and protection, please see in his plight the unfairness wrought by the unknown demons who plague he and his twin sons. Provide him the knowledge he needs to end their curses, and the strength to resist their future assaults. If my sword may prove useful to the cause, you know I remain, as always, your loyal servant.

Praise be to the wise, just, and benevolent Glandria.

> TOPIC: Racen the Bodyguard

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,