The Strangers

The Strangers - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 15th Aug, 2009 - 6:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Top  The Strangers 2000s movie review
23rd May, 2008 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

The Strangers

I watched a new (Subtitled) French movie a couple weeks ago, called "Them", and without spoilers, when I first saw the ads for The Strangers, it looks IDENTICAL to Them, plus it was also based on a real happening, which makes me think the Strangers is an English version remake. Them wasn't a bad movie, but the "Twist" was the real-life part so you can't really credit the director with that aspect of the film.

Image from Rogue Pictures - Laura Margolis, Kip Weeks, Gemma Ward

The Strangers
The Strangers (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jan, 2009 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Strangers The

I think the beginning is more scary than the middle or even the ending. The director tries to grab you by saying this was inspired by actual events and so all the time you are think "Wow, this really happened to someone". I thought the acting was good, but the characters behaved erratic, I would think that safety would dictate a different kind of action, at least for me. For instance if I had a pump action shotgun then there was no way I was letting any of them run around rampant. Take off all the lights, bunker down and as you see them coming let them have it. The characters behaved as though the killers would suddenly change their minds and go home.

Rate: 2 starorange.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2009 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

The Strangers
A Friend

The Strangers Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I love to watch these types of movies to see what the actor will or will not do. It never fails to see them do something stupid and get themselves killed. That is what makes it funny. As I watched this movie I thought there is no way they are just going to let these people do all of this. But they did. That made the whole movie so outrageous that I lost interest in it about 2/3 of the way through. I figured they were all going to die. I for one would react in a much different way. I would give this move one orange star.

23rd Jan, 2009 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Strangers The

I believe that if it were not for the this movie's events actually happened line I would not have even watched it period. What a downer even though there are crimes like that in the Heinous Crimes Board and I do think some people act really senseless in these kinds of situations.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2009 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Strangers The

This comment moved from: Source 7

Name: Nancy

Comments: It is just a scary movie. Two people can't be killed and then tell the story... Hello... Not real!

11th Aug, 2009 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

The Strangers

Actually that's an interesting point that we hit upon as well. Our best guess is forensic crime-scene reconstruction of events due to blood trails, footprints, condition of weapons, etc. Much like Jurassic Park is "based on the Jurassic period".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Aug, 2009 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

The Strangers

Well dead people don't tell stories but CSI can tell you what happened. Then you know... Like the story writers try to fit it all in one movie for your enjoyment or boredom. wink.gif I have to admit that this one didn't catch me as entertaining for some of the same reasons JB mentions.

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2009 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

The Strangers
A Friend

The Strangers Movies Music Fashion & Sports

The main reason why I watched this movie is because my wife loves them and she does not like to see them alone. SO I go with her as her sons are not that into horror type movies.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Strangers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,