Ramsaran's Trinidad

Ramsaran' S Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 14th Aug, 2020 - 8:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Discuss  Ramsaran' s Trinidad Makers of the famous Ramsaran's Peanut Punch and other drinks - Product Review
13th Aug, 2020 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

Ramsaran's Trinidad

Before I became vegan, I used to love the Ramsaran's Peanut Punch and milk drinks. I never cared for the orange juice and I don't know if they made any other food related item as my main interest was the Ramsaran's milk brand which at the time tasted really good for me. I used to like the fact that Ramsaran's had a natural taste that was not as artificial as other brands. Of course, now, I do not support the dairy industry in any form including retailers but not for the reason I am writing this - that is another topic.

Ramsaran's is a veteran name brand that has existed ever since I was child long before Nestle and other brands flooded the market. Now, it looks as if their business is falling into a pit.

There has been an outcry on social media that made its way unto the national news platform arising out of a recent statement made by Naila Ramsaran, allegedly a close relative of the owners of Ramsaran's, for her racist comments as follows:

international QUOTE
‘Let us the hardworking UNC supporters continue to pay taxes and mind the loafers that support the PNM… I hope [Prime Minister Dr Keith] Rowley starts putting contraceptives in their water supply yes because these cockroaches keep populating and the only thing they know to do is vote…’

She later apologized but it did not sit well with those on social media and many of the supermarkets including the well established Massy Stores so the Ramsaran's brand has been removed. Recently, there have been some derogative / discrepancies made by other more popular establishments concerning racial issues however this has been the most drastic measures being taken by Joe Public.

In the year 2020, where movements like Black Lives Matter and racial injustice is occupying a front in the news everyday why would people put things online to insight racial divide for all to see only to regret it later - is there no self control? What many Trinis do not understand is that we all in this country are Black. While among themselves they try to divide by shades of fairness for others we are a Black people. We should see each other as one.

The employees of the company might lose their jobs as they are the ones to feel the brunt of the mistake made by someone in 'ownership' / management / association and not of their own accord. These are hard times, I hope that Ramsaran's will not let their employees go because of this and will help them find other avenues to remain employed.

Meanwhile, let this be a good example of how we should conduct ourselves online and in any public setting. We ought to treat and refer to each other only with respect and common cordiality and keep the primitive medieval thinking out of our communications.

Image from Facebook public domain.

Ramsaran's Trinidad
Ramsaran's Trinidad (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
13th Aug, 2020 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Ramsarans

Well said. Irony in this is that I think the original owner and founder, now deceased was actually a big PNM supporter.

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2020 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ramsaran's Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

"Given these unfortunate developments, we have taken urgent and active steps to part ways with the employee and author of the subject comments and statements, the content of which cannot and will not be tolerated by us.

"While the said employee cannot speak on our behalf, even by association, we must unreservedly extend our apologies nationwide and to all those who have been impacted by the statements which were utterly unacceptable and reprehensible." Source 7v.

13th Aug, 2020 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Ramsarans

I heard people online posting all kinds of nasty criminal intentions against the family and the business. People, don't lose perspective, something bad was done by ONE person connected to the business. They have made an apology, the business made an apology and they are already being hurt by the actions of the supermarket. Now we move on! We still have to worry about crime, COVID-19 and keeping we jobs!

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2020 - 8:13am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Ramsarans

Now, the situation is even worse. That’s why immediately following the election, public attention has turned to the pressing matter of taking screen shots of racist trolls on Facebook and then self-righteously shaming them. In fact, this endeavour appears to be turning into a national pastime, alongside calypso and limbo. Source 3p.

> TOPIC: Ramsaran's Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,