Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - OCD - Page 2 of 4

Myth Debunked that OCD Is Associated With - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th Sep, 2017 - 4:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - OCD
A Friend

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - OCD - Page 2

Yes, I have a very mild case of it too. To tell you the truth, I think many, many people have this to some degree.

Sponsored Links:
28th Feb, 2017 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

OCD Disorder Compulsive Obsessive

I think we overlabel ourselves and other people. ADHD and OCD get thrown around a lot, where people think because they struggle slightly with something or have 1 (Out of about 8) characteristics of the disorder, they must have it. OCD is not just liking things to be neat and orderly, it is having obsessions about circumstances and events that manifest as compulsions to act. There is little you can do to stop from obsessing or following through with the compulsions (Short of medicine). I have many things I am particular about. I wash my hands constantly and have my routine that I follow everyday (I eat the same things for breakfast and lunch, etc for the past 10 years), but I don't think I am truly OCD. Neither of these are disruptive to my life, relationships, or health. If I have to dig through the garbage to save my class ring or get filthy in order to help with some cause, I can do it (Though it does make me extremely uncomfortable to the point of having to talk myself through it). If something comes up and I have to change my routine I can do it (Though I feel like I forgot something for the rest of the day and tend to be more irritable). However I don't consider myself OCD because I can 'turn it off' when I need to. It may bother me, but it doesn't debilitate me. I think as human beings we crave structure and routine, just because it is comfortable and familiar. That does not mean every person has a 'mild case' of OCD. We had to label something as OCD because it was out of the norm, it was so bad that it disrupted lives, relationships, and/or health.

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - OCD Health & Special Psychology

Indeed, I get somewhat obsessive about things at times, but its temporary, and doesn't rule my life.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2017 - 10:42am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 OCD Disorder Compulsive Obsessive

Cause of obsessive-compulsive disorder discovered

An overactive molecular signal pathway in the brain region of the amygdala can lead to obsessive-compulsive disorder. A research team has now established this connection. Ref. Source 4b.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2017 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

OCD Disorder Compulsive Obsessive

Finding a cause for it can often help lead to a cure. Now do some people want a cure or not is a whole other thing. I do not have OCD at all or at least I do not think I do. I have a very messy desk at home and nothing is ever in it "Place".

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2017 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

People who go to bed late have less control over OCD symptoms. A late bedtime is associated with lower perceived control of obsessive thoughts, according to new research. Source 2t.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jun, 2017 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD - Page 2

And when you sleep less you tend to be more irritable and less able to concentrate so it turns out to be a vicious cycle.

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2017 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Myth Debunked that OCD Is Associated With Superior Intelligence. Researchers conducted a meta-analysis of all the available literature on IQ in OCD samples versus non-psychiatric controls (98 studies), and found that contrary to the prevailing myth, OCD is not associated with superior IQ, but with normative IQ that is slightly lower compared to control samples. The authors suggested that the small reduction in IQ scores in OCD sufferers may be largely attributed to OCD-related slowness and not to intellectual ability. Source 5t.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - OCD

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,