Anxiety Disorder

Anxiety Disorder - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 28th Dec, 2019 - 8:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
psychology discussion Mental Disorder
Post Date: 4th May, 2013 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Anxiety Disorder

Anxiety Disorder Review

Experiences and questions related to the debilitating mental disorder Anxiety Disorder should be added here.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2016 - 10:12am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Disorder Anxiety

How kappa opioid receptors drive anxiety

A cellular mechanism has been discovered by which kappa opioid receptors (KORs) drive anxiety. These proteins inhibit the release of the neurotransmitter glutamate in a part of the brain that regulates emotion. KORs are targets for the treatment of addiction and anxiety disorders. Ref. Source 5h.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2016 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Anxiety Disorder Health & Special Psychology

Low attention control in early adolescence is a genetic risk factor for anxiety disorders

Low attention control in early adolescence is related to a genetic risk factor for four different anxiety disorders, researchers have found. Young teens who suffer from anxiety are also more vulnerable to additional problems like depression, drug dependence, suicidal behavior and educational underachievement. Ref. Source 5a.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2016 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Disorder Anxiety

Fear of the unknown common to many anxiety disorders

Several anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, social anxiety disorder and specific phobias, share a common underlying trait: increased sensitivity to uncertain threat, or fear of the unknown, report researchers. The finding could help steer treatment of these disorders away from diagnosis-based therapies to treating their common characteristics. Ref. Source 3z.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2017 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

Disorder Anxiety

Brain activity buffers against worsening anxiety. Boosting activity in brain areas related to thinking and problem-solving may also protect against worsening anxiety, suggests a new study. Using noninvasive brain imaging, the researchers found that at-risk people were less likely to develop anxiety if they had higher activity in a region of the brain responsible for complex mental operations. The results may be a step towards tailoring psychological therapies to the specific brain functioning of individual patients. Source 9e.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2019 - 5:55am / Post ID: #

Anxiety Disorder

People with anxiety may strategically choose worrying over relaxing. Relaxing is supposed to be good for the body and soul, but people with anxiety may actively resist relaxation and continue worrying to avoid a large jump in anxiety if something bad does happen, according to new research. Source 2q.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Dec, 2019 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Anxiety Disorder

Well my experience with anxiety is having a rough time around strangers and big groups. Then having my mind always racing constantly about everything. It can be pretty rough sometimes, especially not being on medication at the moment.

28th Dec, 2019 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Anxiety Disorder Psychology Special & Health

I've seen a rise in anxiety and general stress for me during this year, especially the last few months, which has made it harder to be around people. With a rise in racing thought self, as well as worrying about things I can't change, self esteem, fears of where I will be in the future and more.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Anxiety Disorder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,