Homosexuality Among American Indians

Homosexuality American Indians - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Dec, 2009 - 10:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2008 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

What do traditional American Indians generally think about Homosexuality?

5th Sep, 2008 - 7:23am / Post ID: #

Indians American Homosexuality

From my experience they think just like anyone else. Some are okay and accepting of it. Some think it is an abberation and wrong. Some are indifferent. To make an assumption of how they "generally" think would be to assume that they all think alike just because they are American Indian. That just is not the case there is much diversity within the group (or any group) as there is in the population as a whole.

With Alaskan Natives homosexuals are treated very poorly in some villages while in other villages people are more accepting.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

18th Dec, 2009 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

Homosexuality Among American Indians History & Civil Business Politics

I echo the above post - everyone has their opinions, and there is no tribal consensus, as far as I know, no official ruling, on the validity or acceptability of homosexuals. I think that is entirely irrelevant to the general functioning of most of the Cherokee Indian activities; no one is denied liberties or rights or such, based on their orientation - which I have to say, is more than I can say for the United States itself.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 10 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1%

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Homosexuality Among American Indians

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,