My Autistic Teen Never Seems To Do Anything With Effort

My Autistic Teen Effort - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th Mar, 2022 - 10:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2020 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

My Autistic Teen Never Seems To Do Anything With Effort

Name: Dad

Comments: My teenage son on the spectrum seems to do everything without any effort as though he is never interested. I love him a lot but I just want him to achieve things. This goes for school work, eating just anything at all. How can I get him to do things as though he wants to accomplish something and progress?

Sponsored Links:
1st Jan, 2020 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Effort With Do Seems Teen Autistic My

It could be low self esteem / depression. Now, this is not a judgemental question more for you to reflect as I had to: How much times per day to you build him up about the good things he is doing? Many on the spectrum may already feel inadequate (Even if not expressed) and need to feel that they are good at something. I did notice you did not mention him being oppositional or aggressive so that is a good thing.

28th Sep, 2021 - 9:00am / Post ID: #

My Autistic Teen Never Seems To Do Anything With Effort Health & Special Psychology

Maybe you should try to praise what he is able to do. Maybe it is his self esteem. He needs encouragement and your time.

27th Mar, 2022 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Effort With Do Seems Teen Autistic My

Some people with Autism may see even tasks that neurotypicals think as small as bothersome or as not worth the effort. Depending on the mental/emotional state of your son, he may be feeling too depressed or not motivated to take care of himself. It may be a wise idea to seek out professional counseling for him.

> TOPIC: My Autistic Teen Never Seems To Do Anything With Effort

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,