What Happens When...

What When - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 14th Mar, 2009 - 3:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

Video: Superman does not hold back his power and
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2006 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

What Happens When...

What Happens When...

Superman does not hold back his power and 'cuts loose'? Watch the clip and find out:

What Happens When...
What Happens When... (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2006 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

When What

This reminded me of the fight scene between Neo and Mr. Smith in Matrix: Revolutions. Did I see that correctly that Superman knocked that guy all the way around the earth? I honestly think Superman could take the Earth and throw it out of orbit and into the far reaches of the galaxy, thus destroying all life form on it.

10th Apr, 2006 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

What Happens When... UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

The video does not really do justice to Superman's power in my opinion. At the same time it does show that every 'nice guy' has a limit. I am not too sure if he could 'throw' a planet, I think that might be a bit over the top since he still struggles with much lighter forces than an entire planet. I think we have a Thread about the comparison of his strength with the Hulk's somewhere around here and there is a lifting value given?

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2006 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

What Happens When...
A Friend

When What

Superman of the pre-Crisis era could move the planet. And has in some of the older stories. John Bryne made a mention of this during his run of the "Man of Steel" relaunch in the early 90's.

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2006 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

What Happens When...
A Friend

When What

The most recent "versions" of Superman has toned down his great power and favored certain realistic physics. Superman can no longer do "everything". His super strength is now considered tactile telekinesis, allowing him to life things he is touching without them falling apart upon themselves. This allows him to pick up that battle ship without cracking apart under its own weight and lack of support.

Many writers applauded this action. It made writing Superman stories easier, as Superman could now be threatened because he had limits.

Now many writers have "back slided" on the attempt to make Superman a more powerful... ignoring physics and continuity. While these make exciting stories, it was doing things like this that spawned "super hypnosis", "super ice breath", and "time travelling ability". These things required the character and his world to be "reset" first by Crisis of Infinite Earths, then two more times as his series was relaunched (and remember while he was an energy being?).

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2007 - 8:24am / Post ID: #

What Happens When...
A Friend

What Happens When...

Superman could definitely move the Earth out of orbit...He actually once flew around Earth so fast he reversed it's orbit and moved time backwards....Definitely not a guy I'd recommend takin on without the aid of some nearby Kryptonite...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Mar, 2009 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

What When...

I think Superman's way more powerful than even that clip showed. I think with enough momentum speed and full power he could probably split the moon in half.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2009 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

What Happens When...
A Friend

What When... Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

I totally agree with you Kal. I think Superman Returns offered a good depiction of his strength, since when he was lifting the island into space, he was weakened by more kryptonite that he had probably ever been exposed to.

I always loved that scene because they had Superman fighting just like Goku (Dragonball Z), using his abilities to the upmost limit, which he never does.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What Happens When...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,