Does the US Military Suck? - Page 3 of 7

Name: RealSoldier Country: Comments: Thank - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Nov, 2010 - 11:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Being in Military SucksSeems like everyone has a difference of opinion. Some complain about very low wages and military families that have to live on only the most basic items. What is your view?
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2010 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Does the US Military Suck? - Page 3

Name: Darla

Comments: Hey, all of you who think you're so great because you're in the military. Wait until you retire, or your spouse retires. The Military is LYING to you about how easy it is going to be to get a job in the civilian sector. NO ONE IN THE CIVILIAN SECTOR CARES WHAT YOU DID IN THE MILITARY. You are NOT qualified for life on the outside.Enjoy life while you still have everything handed to you and your stupid bimbo trophy wives. We don't think that you are better than us [..]. Now to those of you who aren't jerks and don't think that your crap smells like roses -job well done, we'll be happy to help you- and hire you.

Source 1: The Air Force Jerks in Great Falls MT

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2010 - 6:13am / Post ID: #

Suck Military US Does

The US military sucks because you die for seemingly no reason. Our last several wars have been very vague on what the target and outcome would be. This leads our wars to be open ended.

Give our troops a definite end value to the war and stick with that target.

Many Americans feel raped in that they send their young men and woman into battle to defend our country yet the outcome of the situation is never ending. I myself tried to join the military not because of some deep patriotic position but because I have a family I need to support and have no job to do so.

In short I feel the military sucks because it is the one option for low income families. Families that do not even believe in the war they are required to fight.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2010 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Does the US Military Suck? History & Civil Business Politics

Name: JamesJ

Comments: The Army is a miserable institution. It is run by the "best of the rest" meaning that the good leaders usually find employment outside after fulfilling thier obligation.

The Air Force isn't even a branch of the military in my opinion. It is run more like a corporation than a fighting force (as I was in it). The Army has no pride and indolent leaders who stay in out of fear of having to actually work for a living. The Marines have pride and that is refreshing and the Navy is morbidly obese. The military has ceased to be a profession of arms and has become a welfare system for incompetents.

The military is overpaid and under worked. Yes. I said it. No other institution pays you more to be married. Where else will a 19 year old with no education net $1500 a month. Being underpaid is joke. An officer makes $70K a year after 3 years on the job...with a History degree. Who else would take a History major and put them in charge of over 100 people after 3 years on the job? Do you wonder why the Army is a defunct institution and therefore "sucks". Wonder no more.

10th Jul, 2010 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Suck Military US Does

James but what about the big risks? Being overseas in places like Afghanistan or Iraq isn't something that anybody would do. Aren't the salaries justified?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2010 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Suck Military US Does

Name: Norm

Comments: Wow! There sure is a lot of emotional opinions about the military. Being a retiree myself, I always thought of it as being pretty ok.

I had a cool job, made some awesome life long friends, saw the world, and took part in two wars.

The pay and benefits were all that a humble person of God would appreciate having and as far as getting shot at...Most
everybody on both sides are just spraying & praying and if you get hit, it's more an accident than malicious intent to kill. Killing someone is for the vast majority...The last thing on your mind. You are just trying not to be killed and make it home to loved ones.

Seriously it's like Night Hawk said, the military "people" are people too. There are mostly good ones with a few of the stereotypical odd balls thrown in for a ballanced measure. What organization isn't like this ?

I loved my job and especially the friendships that were cultivated in a manner that only a life or death situation can create. And it's intrinsic value far superceds any of the opinions expressed on this subject.

It's something that transcends uninitiated ignorant opinion.

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2010 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Does the US Military Suck?

Name: Whatever

Comments: The military sucks because we don't care enough about taking care of Americans. If we had spent as much money within our borders as we have in Iraq and Afghanistan we could have helped fix a lot of problems. We are blowing our budget on other countries helping them get on there feet when we have thousands living in our streets. now you tell me are your family and friends more important then someone in another country? If you agree with what our government is doing over there then I feel you should leave American and go help them take care of others while our own are neglected in the name of protecting our safety and freedoms (BS) Our nation will fall do to neglect and all those we have helped will not come to our aid!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Aug, 2010 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Does US Military Suck - Page 3

Name: D

Comments: To the guy who was in the Air Force; of course you liked the military, you were in the Air Force. You have no idea what its like to spend 7 months at home and 7 months on deployment to some of the worst and most inhospitable environments in the world. And then for the short time you are home you get relentlessly screwed with to the point where you don't even feel like you were home. Also I seriously doubt you were in the modern military, fighting two wars at once and trying to police the world while undermanned. So please don not comment on things you do not understand.

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2010 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

Does US Military Suck Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Name: RealSoldier

Comments: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to tell you why the
Army sucks.

I was in it for almost 3 decades. And I saw a lot of fighting, but that was not the problem.

The problem is that the people above you are there for themselves, and that no one gives a [..]. The Army varies a lot by MOS, has different kinds of culture. Some jobs are better than others. And people think Special Forces is great, but sometimes it is not so special. Sometimes more like Special Education. It too can be a joke.

If you join be ready for challenges in the positive sense. Also be ready to be with cowards and scum. And when you go to war watch your back. I know someone who was killing people for fun in Iraq, my section was looting all the time, no one was interested in the job, and people were dying. If you want to die for no reason, and you are naive, then join up. People who are really good tend to find the exit after a few years. Some real scum make it up in the ranks, and that is just the way it is. [Butt] kissing is a good way to get promoted, and if that is you, then have at it. The Army really became a circus at some point, but I am proud of my Bronze Star and that I was a real nightmare for the enemy. The Army is corrupt, that is all I have to say. FTA-- it is a big charade with clowns and little punks comprising half the people. And some real scum, even your "leaders." Don't be fooled by that West Point ring, he may just be a pervert. I saw that too. It is all disgusting. And how about losing a war? These clowns have no idea what to do, what to do that will work.
Every day in Afghanistan it gets worse.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Does the US Military Suck?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,