Does the US Military Suck? - Page 4 of 7

The U.S. Military sucks? What the ---- are - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Feb, 2011 - 2:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Being in Military SucksSeems like everyone has a difference of opinion. Some complain about very low wages and military families that have to live on only the most basic items. What is your view?
13th Nov, 2010 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

Does the US Military Suck? - Page 4

I'd say in general most jobs in the military probably have a lot of aspects that suck. That being said, I have a lot of good memories of what I've done so far- and I've only been in for just over 2 years. I could go on and on about why the (my branch so my experience) Marine Corps sucks in the 61XX MOS. And I've actually thought about lat moving because I didn't like my job. Then I realized every single other job in the Marine Corps sucks a certain ways. So then I have to think.... I volunteered for this. It's like anything else. You make a choice, it sucks, you have to live through it, and be positive about it. Well same thing for the military. I'm upset because I HAVEN'T deployed yet, I get annoyed at a lot of people I have to work with, money isn't great... Blah blah blah. In the end- in some ways it's a better start into real life after high school than another 4 years of the same thing (school).

I'm a 20 year old Corporal. Doesn't mean as much in the Air Wing as ground side but it does mean something. I'm in charge of people and have responsibility for them. I have my own quals to look after and If I don't do my job right, people die (2-4+ depending on the aircraft). How many 20 year olds (and younger) have that kind of responsibility? Not many.

I do realize this thread is about why the military sucks. But I have a hard time saying straight up the military sucks. I would say a lot of it sucks. A lot depends on what branch you join and the job field you're in. I would always choose the Marine Corps over any, then the Navy. I'd probably never join the Army. And the Air Force is the Air Force.

-the money can suck sometimes- even if you're getting paid for housing/having a family
-the people you work with can be very annoying
-after work, you go back to the barracks... And see the people you work with
-If you do anything to bring attention to you, every person in your unit will know about it.
-Sometimes it seems like females can get away with anything.
-If you're not married you have to field day the barracks at least once a week(depending on the unit) which makes you want to get married to get out of the barracks.
-You get married (not me, other people have though), you end up getting a divorce, paying arm and leg for this and that.
-NJPs suck the life out of your career if you let them.

ok I can't go any further. There is too much really to write about. Suffice it to say that a lot of stuff sucks in the military, while you also have a great time, learn a lot about yourself and others, and will have great memories. If you are the same person when you join as when you get out- you're a robot. In the end, at least I volunteered and wasn't drafted.... Now that would suck. And I don't think we'll have to worry about a draft any time soon...

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2010 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Suck Military US Does

Name: SgtMack

Comments: For me to say the US military sucks is to insult the brave men and women that protect us each day. The military doesn't suck, what sucks is corrupt politicians and the enemy, they are the ones that suck. The military is a combat machine. Its meant to train you to kill those who want to kill you. You're not there like you are on a cruise ship. Toughen up and get a clue about the bigger picture.

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2010 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Does the US Military Suck? History & Civil Business Politics

Name: Army

Comments: Early on, being in the military was great.I got to go to a lot of different places , learn new skills, and developed good discipline. I joined when I was 20 as a Tanker. 2003 I deployed to fight the war and seen some stuff that most civilians and some soldiers would never see. Killed a couple of Iraqi's but I didn't take it to heart and came back normal, had a little bit of nightmare here and there. I got out and worked for the post office making good pay for my self. Got bored delivering mail came back in 2008. Biggest mistake of my life! To make matters worst I singed back up for 6 years. Got denied of my MOS Air Traffic Controller due to my credit score... What a joke? This time around I feel like I'm surrounded by morons. NCOS that go through life at the minimum with no formal education. Officers who are over paid for equal to a civilian supervisor.Stupid army wifes staying at home and do nothing, spend money like there's no tomorrow. Everyday I'm being brain wash so I could be all that I can be. Always worried about deployments, oh yeah did I mention I got deployed 2009 to 2010 laugh.gif.. For what? I'm now thirty and I finally figured out that the army is not for me. I rather be a civilian and live out my life in comfort since my wife is in residency as a Internal Medicine. Cant wait to E.T.S out of this hell hole. Only things I will keep will be my awards and my discharge papers, everything else will be garbage like the military.

Post Date: 11th Dec, 2010 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Suck Military US Does

Name: ROTCxPatriot

Comments: To the woman talking about the benefits of the military vs the economy... It is better you die a starving man without a job than a working man with an unjust cause.

If you think the war in the Middle East is just shooting at "evil" people, then you're wrong. We shoot farmers, kids, husbands and wives. If you've got relatives in Canada, Mexico, England... Imagine them in the middle of a war zone. They would just as likely be a target if their skin color filed the same suit.

You want your kids to die for evil's sake rather than just have a normal life? Go ahead, send them to the military. Get them back in a body bag... Maybe they'll even have a piece of paper telling you how many women and kids he got to napalm.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2011 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Suck Military US Does

Name: Iceman

Comments: I'm in the military and love every minute of it. Guess it just depends on the person really. 25 bravo baby HooAH!
Oh and there is better things to life then just talking bad about a certain thing laugh.gif go do something with your lives and move on... People in the military don't feel sorry for you at all to be honest. You signed the contract, you knew what you were getting into... MAN UP BABY and quit whining about it.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2011 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Does the US Military Suck?

Name: Alvino

Comments: OK, I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan. And you are right about us getting paid piratically nothing. Only people who are "married or wink-wink in love and married" get good pay in the military. I get approx 2,000 a month, after taxes and all the other bull they FORCE you to pay and buy and trick you into enrolling. I'm left with 600$ every two weeks. Thats 300$ a week. I made 4,000 a month at my security job before I left it because I needed money. The sign on bonus looked interesting, but NO I will not re-up I will not stay in. Everyday they have something new on top of the other stuff they have just to tick you off because they were yelled at its dumb. It's like high school with a mess of males and the few females that every guy on the fob all want. It's gross. In fact, they aren't even good looking. They physically demand you, if you can't meet the requirements they treat you like your special and force you to do more physical demanding stuff, because "It will make you better" No, it doesn't it hurts you. Your body can only take so much before the stress on the joints kicks in. Only eating right will work. They yell at you to the point that you want to yell back, but if you do. It's extra duty for you, working 16 hours picking up garbage for 45 days. Plus a loss of money that you barely make. Then when you get deployed, All that gayness triples and the stress is so great. Its the reason why so many soldiers kill themselves. Everyday one of my soldiers says something about it.

Does the US Military Suck?
Does the US Military Suck? (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2011 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

Does US Military Suck - Page 4

Name: Jake

Comments: I've noticed there is a direct correlation between people in the military who are on the 'this institution sucks' train and high GT scores. My GT score = 130, my thoughts, worst decision I've ever made in my life.

3rd Feb, 2011 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

Does US Military Suck Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

The U.S. Military sucks? What the ---- are you guys saying? It's evil? We wouldn't be a country without all those colonists rising up to form the Continental Army. We wouldn't be here if good men gave their lives up for the idea of living free from Great Britain. They sacrificed everything so that we could be a country. They gave up what they had so we could have a better future. All throughout history the only thing standing in th.e way of Evil was the U.S. Military. What do you think the world would be like if we hadn't intervened in World War II? The world would be much different. How about all the times the Military or Coast Guard or National Guard went to save people from dying. Like in hurricane Katrina. Who went in? THE US MILITARY! We are nothing without them. This thread is a joke! I know it may have sucked for you people who went in, but that was your dicision! Stop complaining and live with it. If you want to get out, hey, thats fine, but don't go downing the military and saying how bad it is. You are on person-you have one unique personality and unique needs. Don't make other people judge the military based on you. They need to judge how good or how bad serving in it is by experiencing it. We are at war people. People die in war-innocent people die. All we can do is say sorry, pray for them and their families, and continue on. I do not want to hear any more crap about the U.S. Military. The Military, like SgtMack said, is a Killing Machine. We have to accept that callatoral damage is going to happen. If you don't like it, think about everything it has done for you and your forefathers.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Does the US Military Suck?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,