Does the US Military Suck? - Page 2 of 7

Name: FK Comments: By using TA, do you mean - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Jan, 2010 - 11:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Being in Military SucksSeems like everyone has a difference of opinion. Some complain about very low wages and military families that have to live on only the most basic items. What is your view?
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2009 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Does the US Military Suck? - Page 2

Name: LovenotWar

Comments: 1600$ to get shot at and your life risked daily for paper.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2009 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Suck Military US Does

Name: Rune

Comments: The military sucks because it is full of broken people who turn out to be bullies as soon as they are able to put a little bit of rank on their uniforms.

It provides an excellent environment for concrete thinkers who believe that just because they have an opinion, then it must be correct. They don't let a simple lack of education get in the way of them voicing their ill-informed opinion.

I usually score between a 290 and 300 (perfect) on my APFT, yet there are people who barely pass, and they remain on promotion track regardless of the fact that they ride profiles for most of their time. WALKING? Oh please! In my humble opinion, if you can't RUN then you should not even be in the military.

It sucks because the military is so GOOD at marketing itself, yet once you are in you realize that almost every reason you joined, is merely a recruiting tactic! Example: ever try to use your TA?

It also sucks because of cognitive dissonance. People know it sucks, but they would rather cling to the false ideal of PRIDE than admit the truth, that they have been taken for a ride. They would rather stand up and shout "HOOAH" than admit that they are surrounded by idiots, broken people and a false system that only means to take what little they have and pervert it into the most base, utilitarian element of what they have ever been as a human being.

It sucks because the pay is not the issue- the fact that you are bullied at whim IS the issue.

I'm a Staff Sergeant. I've been in the military for 7 years. I play by the rules. Just my observations.

Oh and it also sucks because there are guys and girls in the sand, right now at this moment, wanting to be anywhere except where they are, and if they receive any awards while deployed, there is still someone who can download cheat sheets for correspondence courses and STILL have enough points from that to make up for those awards when they submit their promotion packets. And, who can blame'em.

It sucks because it provides a haven for people who truly can't hold a civilian job due to lack of motivation and educational achievements. Concrete Thinkers!

It sucks because people who have the benefit of a college degree automatically think that makes them better soldiers than some who have truly worked from the ground up, strive to be good soldiers, live by the Army Values, apply the Warrior Ethos to their everyday lives and are NCO's.

It sucks because it levels to the lowest common denominator. Cold hands in formation? Too bad sucker, if one person forgot their gloves, nobody gets to wear theirs either.

IT sucks because the phrase "Suck it up and drive on" actually gets a "Hooah." Never mind troubleshooting, solving a problem, making a better unit. Don't try to make it better, just suck it up and drive on.

If you ever doubt that it sucks, take a look at the numbers of people who get out after their first enlistment! If it's so great, such great health care, such great pay, such great training opportunities, such great tuition assistance, such great retirement, then why do so many people become "Veterans" after ONE enlistment? They're not stupid, they are not lazy. They just know that they are better than that and they flee the military like rats swimming from a sinking raft.

Yeah, it sucks! But someone's gotta do it I guess. Can I get a Hooah....guess not.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2009 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Does the US Military Suck? History & Civil Business Politics

Name: Adriana

Comments: Re: $140 a mo. He's talking about some sort of special pay not his BASE pay. And since when did you have the right to put an "adequate" number on someone getting shot at?

Source 1: Experience.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Nonsense descriptions removed, just stick with your opinion on the Topic.

3rd Aug, 2009 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Suck Military US Does

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 8-Apr 09, 6:39 PM)
Name: Rune

Comments: The military sucks because it is full of broken people who turn out to be bullies as soon as they are able to put a little bit of rank on their uniforms.

What a list of "sour grapes" complaints. Life sucks. Life isn't fair. Get over it.

Joining the military is a huge thing. There are also a lot of people in the military. Some of them are sociopaths. Some are humanitarians. I knew truly wonderful people in the military. I also knew some criminals. But then that is also true in civilian life. I recently worked for a bully, who had no business being an engineering supervisor. That was in civilian life.

I do not believe that the US military sucks. At least no more than any other military, and a heck of a lot less than most.

The US still has the best, most powerful, most effective (overall) military in the world. Yes, there are other military units that are incredibly good, even better than most of the US military. For example, Mossad, the SAS, etc.

Yes, military life sucks. It is low paying, long hours, sometimes in really bad circumstances. If you don't like it - leave it. It is not for everyone.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time in the USAF. It was one of the best decisions I could have made in my life.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2009 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Suck Military US Does

Name: William

Comments: Well there shouldn't be a U.S federal military. There should only be the militia of the states and counties like our founding fathers wanted it to be.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2009 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Does the US Military Suck?

Name: Kara

Comments: The only thing that I think sucks about the military is they are all about helping you whether or not you want it until you are discharged and then its so long suckers!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2009 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Does the US Military Suck?
A Friend

Does US Military Suck - Page 2

The military sucks because they want you to be all about being army strong and really fit. If you fall outside that ideology then your a problem and they do all they can to get rid of a really good soldier.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2010 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Does US Military Suck Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Name: FK

Comments: By using TA, do you mean receiving tuition assistance?

I have access to tuition assistance, aka FASFA, as a civilian.

I have heard that the military offers to pay for college, but the idea is very misleading. Simply put, they offer you military training, but it is not easy to use this training to find civilian jobs.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Does the US Military Suck?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,