Ellen Degeneres

Ellen Degeneres - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd Oct, 2007 - 5:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Ellen Degeneres Comedian / Actor
17th Oct, 2007 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Ellen Degeneres

Ellen Degeneres

Did you all hear the controversy over Ellen's dog? She adopted a pet from an agency and because the dog did not get along with her three cats she give the dog away to her hair dresser without knowing that the contract she signed states she must return the dog to the agency. Well, the agency took away the dog and everyone including Ellen are heartbroken because of her decision. The agency now is getting death an arson threats over this issue.Do you think is right for the agency to stick to their guns on this issue?

international QUOTE
LOS ANGELES -  The owners of the doggy rescue agency that snatched back the pup that Ellen DeGeneres gave away say they are not going to bow to death threats from fans and pressure from the talk show host and they will not return the dog to DeGeneres' hairdresser.

"It's never going to happen," Attorney Keith A. Fink, who is representing the owners of the Mutts and Moms agency, told FOXNews.com. "There is more of a chance that the Yankees are going to win the World Series this year."

Mutts and Moms dismissed DeGeneres' tearful plea on her talk show Tuesday, maintaining that DeGeneres violated her contract by not informing them that she was giving away the dog, a Brussels Griffon terrier mix named Iggy.

Click here to read Ellen's blog and her explanation of the dog controversy.

"They are not going to be bullied by the Ellen DeGeneres camp," Fink said. "It's Hollywood culture - she thinks she's above the contract and the law."

DeGeneres explained on her show that Iggy didn't get along with her cats, so she gave it to her hairstylist, who has two daughters, ages 11 and 12.

Fink told FOXNews.com that Mutts and Moms has a rule that families with children under 14 are not allowed to adopt small dogs - but they might have made an exception had DeGeneres gone through the proper channels.

Sponsored Links:
18th Oct, 2007 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Degeneres Ellen

I was surfing through the channels a few days ago when I saw "Ellen De Generes Show," and I decided to watch it. I was taken aback when she began to cry over dog issue. At first, I felt sorry for her and then, my spouse voiced my nagging suspicions aloud; he said to me: "I think Ellen is a brilliant actress!" I am a dog lover but I cannot understand why Ellen became so emotional over this issue. "Mutts and Moms" dog rescue agency allowed Ellen De Generes to adopt the dog if she signed a contract. I am certain that Ellen must have read or at least, glanced at the contract before signing it. If the dog could not co-exist with her cats, then why not return it to the agency? Or she could have at least contacted someone from the agency and sought permission to give the dog away. If she signed a contract, then she should not be crying over spilt milk. The dog rescue did not put the dog to sleep, they merely took the dog away because she violated the contract. Why didn't Ellen and her friend, go to the agency and explain the situation? I am certain that the agency would take the dog, investigate the new owner and grant them permission to adopt the dog.

I always admire these dog rescue agencies. They are very concerned about the welfare of the dog and they cautiously ensure that, the dog is matched to a good owner. Once a new owner is located, I am sure a thorough investigation is conducted to ensure that the new dog owner is capable of taking care of the animal. Mutts and Moms have that policy not to give away the dog to discourage people from handing the dog over to the wrong individual. Suppose the hairdresser does not like dogs or her kids are abusive to the animal? I believe in a report, Mutts and Moms stated that they do not allow anyone under the age of 14, to adopt dogs. I do not see anything wrong with this. The reason why they have this policy is because they fear that young kids are not capable of caring for a dog. And if you think about it, they are absolutely right! Another reason for not allowing legitimate owners to give away the dog is, suppose people adopt rescued animals for profit? What if someone adopts a dog and sells it to the highest bidder? So the owner of Mutts and Moms are within their rights to take away the dog from Ellen or the hairdresser.

I think Ellen's emotional performance was a clear cut abuse of star power. She tried to use her position and influence, to pressure the owner of the animal rescue agency to "bend the rules," and this is not the right thing to do. I applaud the agency for not succumbing to pressure and giving the dog to someone else. Ellen De Generes has a huge fan base and she took advantage of this. Now Ellen's fans are threatening the owner of the agency, to return the dog to the hairdresser. I think the sad situation here is, I never dreamed that Ellen would stoop so low, into pressuring the agency, to bend the rules for her. These stars believe that they are gods; whatever they command, the mere mortals must obey them. No one is above the law!

18th Oct, 2007 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

Ellen Degeneres Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Geenie, I think in this situation the agency is not handling the issue properly. Why? Well, as stated Ellen failed to read the contract properly and that's her fault...fine...now how come the agency did not visit her house as stipulated in their policy to ensure Ellen was capable to take care of that dog? They bent their own rules.

18th Oct, 2007 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

Degeneres Ellen

LDS said:

now how come the agency did not visit her house as stipulated in their policy to ensure Ellen was capable to take care of that dog?

Hmm well LDS, we do not know how long Ellen had the dog. Maybe the agency is supposed to call first and perhaps after one or two months, visit Ellen to ensure that the dog is happy and healthy?

Ellen failed to read the contract properly

Yes she did. As an a comedienne, I would think that she would realize the importance of reading and understanding a contract. If she never reads contracts, why not ask an attorney to read and explain it to her? Not reading the contract does not justify her actions. I consider her actions (that is, crying before her fans for sympathy) to be weak and cowardly. She could have gone to the agency and convince the agency owner, to inspect her friend's premises, to determine if the hairdresser is a suitable candidate to adopt the dog. The greatest tragedy here is Ellen failing to read the contract. I am in full support with the animal rescue agency.

18th Oct, 2007 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Degeneres Ellen

Geenie:

Hmm well LDS, we do not know how long Ellen had the dog. Maybe the agency is supposed to call first and perhaps after one or two months, visit Ellen to ensure that the dog is happy and healthy?

No, I meant one of the policies to adopt a dog in that agency is a representative going to the home of the person who wants to adopt a pet and ENSURE the place is good for the dog, environment, etc. All this PRIOR to adopt the animal. This never happened in Ellen's case which I assume the agency when they saw who she was waived that policy...so I find it hypocritical for them to say now that because she is a Hollywood actress they are not going to change their way of doing things.

19th Oct, 2007 - 5:48am / Post ID: #

Ellen Degeneres

Personally, I think they are all idiots. When you have 3 cats that are already stable in a house, you don't decide to then introduce a dog. The house has been divided up amongst them...it will be hard if not impossible for the dog to fit in. The dog is going to need attention...the cats are already getting it...CONFLICT. If you do it the other way around...have the dog and then get a cat, it might work better or you introduce all of them at the same time. The cat doesn't require as much human contact, but the dog does and is going to squeeze its way into any situation it can to get it...even if it has to chase the cat off your lap.

This is almost as foolish as getting a bird and expecting the cats not to kill it. Sure...send all the cats to training. Good luck! They could have at least tried to pick a mix that is not high strung and human dependant. Terriors have been bred to hunt and chase off small game before they became lap dogs...it is inside them. But of course the small little Iggy makes such a cute accessory to the house, we have to have him. Even if it requires that we break him!

This is where I think the rescue organization totally screwed up...this was a recipe for failure. Not to mention, Ellen had already returned one dog to the organization before after a failed adoption. I have carefully chosen each dog that I have owned to better fit in with my lifestyle. As a result, I have had very good experiences with dog ownership.

Ellen got the perks of being a star...no previst to the house. Great, but realize you are dealing with people that are about one step away from a PETA membership. And those people have been known to be willing to kill a person to save a monkey. So, should it be suprising that they get a little too far bent out of shape when their "rules" arent followed? Not for me...Ellen might be lucky she is still alive if she was dealing with a PETA member.

Perhaps they should all take a long breather and then sign up for a spot on the Dr Phil show to work out all their feelings and angst. We will all be crying. Especially me, when I realize I spent this much time on this topic! laugh.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Oct, 2007 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Ellen Degeneres

LDS said:

one of the policies to adopt a dog in that agency is a representative going to the home of the person who wants to adopt a pet and ENSURE the place is good for the dog, environment, etc. All this PRIOR to adopt the animal. This never happened in Ellen's case which I assume the agency when they saw who she was waived that policy...

Well I suppose that changes everything! I had no idea that Ellen got "the royal treatment" where this dog was concerned. That's what happens when you break one rule for a person; they usually expect you to change or bend all the rules to accommodate them. I guess it is safe to say that the agency brought this whole fiasco on themselves. Vincenzo is right! They are all idiots! The agency waiving the policy to inspect Ellen's home, Ellen not taking the time to read the contract and crying before her fans, as if her own mother died! I still do not like the fact that Ellen chose to exploit her fans by playing the sympathy card. The agency was foolish to waive their policy for Ellen but this does not justify the fans' violent reaction to this whole matter. The agency did not kill the dog, they took it away. Why should they be subjected to death threats? Personally, Ellen should apologize to the agency for making "much ado over nothing!" If Ellen wants the friends' two daughters to have a puppy, why not just buy another one for them? It's that simple!

22nd Oct, 2007 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Ellen Degeneres Movies Music Fashion & Sports

The Iggy Scandal

It seems that the pet agency gave Iggy to another family and so Ellen broke down on her show saying it was her fault and what not. Then she cancels to tapings of 'Ellen' because some say she needs time to recover from the whole affair. spock.gif

People, there are people dying all over the world! Surely there are more important things than a dog!

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Ellen Degeneres

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,