Xarles the Humble - Page 3 of 4

Why Am I Xarles? A small child approached me - Page 3 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 12th Aug, 2021 - 8:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
ROK II RPG Character 1362 Medieval Text Adventure
6th Aug, 2021 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Xaphandrt
(+)

Xarles the Humble - Page 3

Message to Advisor

I believe I hath made significant progress with mineself over the past week, as today I found meself feeling much more soulful. It is mine hope that very soon I shall be taking to adventure and questing now that I have strengthened my resolve and body. We shalt see. I bid ye well, dear Emma, and pray ye be watchful at thine employer for the drunken madness of fools.

Sincerely,
Xarles.

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2021 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Xaphandrt
(+)

Humble Xarles

Worship of Raava

Raava, goddess of all that be light and good in our world: Prithee, I pray upon thy name for blessings of safety and wisdom. In thy name, I try and make the world a better place one day at a time. To-day and on the morrow, and each day I doth draw breath into mine breast. It is mine hope that I might bring glory to thine blessed name and resolve to shine thine light upon the world and make it a place of peace, comfort, and safety for all. In thy name, I beseech thy blessing. Amen.

6th Aug, 2021 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Xaphandrt
(+)

Xarles the Humble Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Mysterious Person at the Tavern

The stranger lowers their hood and reveals a weathered elven face, a deep scar running from the upper right brow across to the chin. Their mercurial eyes shimmering sadly as they gazed upon Xarles. Xarles sat down cautiously, unaware of who the elf was, and kept a hand close to his mace. "Rest thy mind, friend" the elf spoke calmly, though both in feature and voice Xarles was unable to determine whether the elf was male or female. Their cloak covered most of their body, a plain earthy brown color. "I cometh in wish of peaceful conversation and to deliver unto thee a gift." Reaching into the sleeve of the robe, the Elf produces an ornate ring of a metal like a pale and bright silver. Adorning the band were ruby chips, reflecting a deep scarlet red against a void of onyx in the shape of a half sphere, set and recessed into the top. "Thine father, may he rest in peace, left this for when ye came of age. He spake of it little, mentioning only that it would be meant to assist in diverting the blows of thine enemies. Though I am unable to say if it shall indeed do so, I gave my word to deliver it unto your hands alone." Xarles stared at the ring and slowly reached for it, taking it in his fingers gently. It seemed warm, and the onyx stone seemed as if an endless pit without so much as a reflection of light upon it. Slipping it onto his shield hand, it seemed as if to be perfectly made for his finger, though that would have been impossible and he contributed the idea to the longing of his father's battle prowess to assist him in the coming days. "Prithee stranger," he finally spoke, looking up to the stranger, "what is thy name? Might I call thee an ally?"
The elf shook their head slowly, "Ally? No. Mine days of fighting have passed, for no longer am I able to properly wield a weapon." as they spoke, they lifted the sleeve from which the ring was produced. As the fabric fell back, it revealed a severed stump in place of a hand. "Ironically, thy father's doing before taking me as prisoner. However, t'was mercy I saw upon mine surrender. We became acquaintances on the journey to the dungeons. T'was he whom petitioned my release in return for this favor." They lowered their arm before standing once more. "Hold!" Xarles exclaimed, wishing to ask more of the stranger, but the stranger waved him away. "My apologies, I am due elsewhere soon. I have not time for further questions nor explanations, and while I by no means wish to be rude: I have no desire to answer them either. Take thine gift in good health, and remember the man thy father was. It will be important in the days to come, and I may call upon the once more in the future for assistance… provided ye are a good man like he." With haste, the elf donned the hood of the cloak once more and exited the tavern. Xarles frowned in confusion and frustration. After a lingering gaze at the door and considering chasing the elf, he decided against it. He simply sighs and waves Emma the Wench over, asking her about her slumber and ordering his meal for the morning. The ring sat upon his finger, the rubies casting specks of blood red light on the table below.

10th Aug, 2021 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Xaphandrt
(+)

Page 3 Humble Xarles

Message to Advisor

Dearest Emma,

As ye know, I have spent the last few days spending more time honing mine combat abilities, and to-day was realistically no different. After mine breakfast I hadth rushed to the Body Guild once more. Climbing the training walls, as I doth feel that a dwarf should know how to properly foothold in a mountainside. I hath grown hardier over the days as well, and it is mine hope that soon I shall have the experience I doth need to begin to work toward mine destiny.

It is mine hope ye are well, and keep in memory, should a bar patron giveth thee too much lip, warn me: I shall handle the situation for thee.

Happy for thine health and advice,
Xarles.

10th Aug, 2021 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Xaphandrt
(+)

Humble Xarles

Meeting the townsfolk

I have met many of the townsfolk over the time I have spent here, and for the part of most: They are fine people. A bit of greed on part of the head of the town, yet as I understand it greed comes easily to some men. The purveyor of interest be the madam that presides over the Palace of Parody. A rather… homely lass, however she be kind to those whom may find themselves upon the steps. The Mystic is also a rather interesting sort, and she hath brought me spiritual comfort at times. The merchants all seem to be in favor of fair deals for hard work, and as such I am unable to find fault with any of them. The jailer keeps mine hands busy when I be not training my abilities, and is an inauspicious man. I have grown to accept many as good acquaintances, and I pray they doth see mine presence in the same light.

I tire, for it is late.... I will consider upon mine words and attempt to know many of the others better on the morrow.

10th Aug, 2021 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Xaphandrt
(+)

Xarles the Humble

Worship of Raava

Divine and merciful Raava..

I pray thine forgiveness for mine absence at the shrine, for I am each day bettering myself in order to bring peace and light to the people of this land. In thine mercy, prithee, guide mine soul to repair for I feel it has become lessened by the Reaper upon mine visions of the guide to the Afterlife. That it be mine goal to spread the loving embrace of thee divine presence to others in mine actions, thoughts, and mine daily tasks. May ye find it in thine will to grant me strength of body, mind, and spirit for which to better this world for all.

In thine Name I pray: Amen…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Aug, 2021 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Xaphandrt
(+)

Xarles Humble - Page 3

Now that I have attained Level 2 among my people, ye shall see a more powerful Xarles than otherwise might have been known.

12th Aug, 2021 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Xaphandrt
(+)

Xarles Humble Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 3

Why Am I Xarles?

A small child approached me to-day. Strangely, the lass seemed to have little reservation on approaching strangers. I spake with the little one, and she toldeth me of a "Special" ability she doth possess to see within the hearts of men for good. She claimed unto me that I, too, was Good. What is good? Be it simply doing what is right? Sacrificing mine own needs for those of others? To honor mine word when given? I like to believe that I may be goodly, and I bring Raava pride as a disciple. I can only hope that I might never lose sight of that belief.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Xarles the Humble

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,