Haiti Earthquake

Haiti Earthquake - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Jan, 2010 - 10:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2010 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Haiti Earthquake

Haiti Earthquake

A 7.0-magnitude earthquake struck 10 miles from Port-Au-Prince, Haiti, the USGS reports. Ref. CNN

Sponsored Links:
13th Jan, 2010 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Earthquake Haiti

Haiti is already the most impoverished country in the world, they don't need this:

international QUOTE
A strong earthquake hit the impoverished country of Haiti on Tuesday afternoon, where a hospital collapsed and people were screaming for help. Other buildings also were damaged. The earthquake had a preliminary magnitude of 7.0 and was centered about 14 miles (22 kilometers) west from the capital of Port-au-Prince, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.  Ref. SignOnSanDiego.com

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2010 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Haiti Earthquake History & Civil Business Politics

Hundreds of thousands!

Hundreds of thousands of people have died in Haiti's earthquake, the prime minister told CNN today.

13th Jan, 2010 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Earthquake Haiti

How sad! I think the huge number of casualties may be due to the fact that most people in Haiti are so poor that they do not live in average houses where probably could have been a little more protected.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2010 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

Earthquake Haiti

Haiti Needs Help

Exclusive: President Rene Preval tells CNN that Haiti lacks capacity to hospitalize quake victims, asks for medical aid.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2010 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Haiti Earthquake

"The Sound of Screaming Is Constant" - Haiti Devastated by Massive Earthquake, Desperate Search for Survivors Continues

The death toll rises as Haiti is crushed by a massive 7.0-magnitude earthquake. Bodies lie in the streets as people continue to cry out from underneath the rubble. Little aid has come in as the situation becomes increasingly desperate. The number of dead is almost certainly in the tens of thousands but could be 100,000 or more. We go to Port-au-Prince to get a report from a young American father who is helping to care for the injured in the hotel where he was staying when the quake struck. Ref. Source 1

Report from Haiti: Desperate Call for Aid with Rescue Equipment, Medicine, Food & Water in Short Supply

Much of the Haitian capital of Port-au-Prince has been leveled by Tuesday's earthquake, leaving as many as 100,000 people dead and tens of thousands of people homeless. As of Thursday morning, little aid has arrived in Haiti. Planeloads of rescuers and relief supplies are said to be on the way from the US, EU, Canada, Russia and Latin American nations. We go to Port-au-Prince to speak with independent journalist Ansel Herz. Ref. Source 8

US Policy in Haiti Over Decades "Lays the Foundation for Why Impact of Natural Disaster Is So Severe"

We discuss the situation in Haiti following Tuesday's massive earthquake, as well as the history of Haiti, with two guests who have spent a lot of time there: Bill Quigley, the legal director at the Center for Constitutional Rights, and Brian Concannon, director of the Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti. Ref. Source 7

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jan, 2010 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Haiti Earthquake

Its really terrible what's going on there. What I don't understand is how they were able to say that hundreds of thousands are dead so early. Usually a number isn't known for months after.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 21 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.1%

15th Jan, 2010 - 10:48am / Post ID: #

Haiti Earthquake Politics Business Civil & History

This has made me so sad. I see the photographs and they make me cry. I want to do something. 100,000 people? I just want to know what I can do.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Haiti Earthquake

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,