Why Being Mormon And Single Sucks

Why Mormon Single Sucks - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Jun, 2009 - 2:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2008 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Why Being Mormon And Single Sucks

Why Being Mormon and Single Sucks

Wedding bells getting you down? Why does being Mormon and Single suck?

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2008 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

Sucks Single Mormon Why

Do you really want to have an answer to this question? Okay. I'll try to be brief.

Every married person insists that you are "such a great person" that they can't understand why you're not married.

Married LDS folks have no idea what it's like, and think that we singles are having such a great time at all the activities that they tell us they are envious of us. Clueless.

There is pressure of varying degrees from those in leadership (usually married people) to participate in activities that may not be suitable for different age groups. For instance, my 86-year-old visiting teacher is single, but she doesn't want to go to a rock and roll dance with a bunch of 30 - 40 year olds; however, she may want to attend the genealogy seminar.

Does the person in leadership distinguish the rock and roll dance from the genealogy seminar, or does any single activity apply to all singles? Does the 30-40 year old single mother with small children have time for genealogy work, when she's away from home and family 10 hours a day working? Does this same single mother want to go to a rock and roll dance? Maybe, but she has to find (and pay) someone to babysit and then leave her children (again).

Unfortunately, the church hasn't yet found a way to "deal" with the singles. There is no ONE formula to meet all the needs of this diverse group of people. Frankly, the only thing most of the singles have in common is the fact that they lack a spouse and belong to the same church.

Also unfortunate is that well-meaning people say and do things that can be really hurtful, and have no idea what damage they can do.

On the flip side, a lot of LDS singles are walking around with a big chip on their shoulders. Every comment from everyone is taken as some kind of offense, and they get their noses out of joint over nothing. They decline to take any responsibility for their status, and refuse to participate in *anything* designed to uplift or edify them or instruct them. They also refuse to participate in any singles activities. When the lesson in Relief Society or Elders Quorum happens to be on marriage and families, they choose to get their feelings hurt rather than be realistic about the stance of the church regarding marriage and families. They make things worse, rather than trying to be peacemakers.

I could go on and on. But that is sufficient for now.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2009 - 10:17am / Post ID: #

Why Being Mormon And Single Sucks Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Tank

Comments: Two weeks ago at our Ward Conference our Bishop was really get into family and how family can work things out and yada yada. Most of our ward are older single or widowed. I know of three single people that walked out and another 5 that wanted to but did not. They are over 40 they would love to be married, they would love to have a family. The single program is pretty good for the younger but not for the older. I keep wondering why so many marry outside the church....Duh If we are so into family then why don't we work on all singles in the ward, not just the youth.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2009 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Sucks Single Mormon Why

Name: Alexia

Comments: I Plan on Teaching a "Sensitivity to Singles" Lesson to Married LDS. In church today, someone said "Isn't it great that in our church the things that we love most we will have for eternity". I have never married, have no children, and no family members in the Church. Looks pretty lonely. I guess I better at least love myself since I may be the only one there (sometimes I wonder!) On the other hand, the whole world is mine to love. Look up the following talk from years past. It seems a few people know that we are alive: Getting the Job Done, Single-Handedly By Robert C. Hyde

> TOPIC: Why Being Mormon And Single Sucks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,