Why Board Games Suck - Page 2 of 4

I think it's important to distinguish - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 15th Aug, 2009 - 2:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 
Top  Why Board Games Suck
27th Feb, 2009 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Why Board Games Suck - Page 2

I have a 8 ft by 4 foot nook just for games and puzzles and books. it is 3 foot deep so games go in on edge length wise. I plastic bag the parts inside so no lost pieces and the boxes survive well. I have many that are 30 plus years old. Sorry trouble monopoly and Parcheesi. Others are old but not as old as them.

Sponsored Links:
27th Feb, 2009 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Suck Games Board Why

That's cool for you and brings up another reason why board games suck: you end up keeping a whole bunch of them for years collecting dust.

27th Feb, 2009 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Why Board Games Suck Reviews RPG & Card Board

laugh.gif Mine do not collect dust we do not watch TV so we are gaming much in my home. The children love the old games as much or more then the new ones. I even have battling tops. Want noise put four boys on that for an hour.

27th Feb, 2009 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Suck Games Board Why

I think with a computer in the house and an iphone no one is interested much in board games xcept for some rare moment.

27th Feb, 2009 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Suck Games Board Why

Could be as I am old fashion in my ways. Besides I get more hugs after a board game then any other. I think with lesser children the games lose the entertainment value as some are designed for larger groups. I like the interfacing in a board game.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2009 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Why Board Games Suck
A Friend

Why Board Games Suck

Why do they suck why let me tell you. They suck because no matter who the winner is there is alway one that can not handle defeat very well and then there is a lot of yelling back and forth. Makes for letting them collect dust.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Mar, 2009 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Why Board Games Suck - Page 2

I understand your point about there being one in the game that can't handle losing but typically (hopefully?) that is going to be one of the younger members of the family.
It seems to me that this would be the perfect training ground for teaching that kid the right way to react to losing. It may be difficult but it is better they learn it in a family atmosphere than have them exhibit that behavior at school where there is likely to be a lot less tolerance and love involved.

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2009 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

Why Board Games Suck
A Friend

Why Board Games Suck Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

I think it's important to distinguish between kids' games and, well, regular board games.

I dislike playing board games with kids, and I disliked playing them as a kid. As aforementioned, somebody will indefinitely throw a fit if they lose.

However, when you have an all adult crowd, you open the doors to a lot more complex games. Still nothing that non-geeks would enjoy, but I wouldn't say they suck ;-). Personally, I love them.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Why Board Games Suck

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,