Why Spanish Sucks

Why Spanish Sucks - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 20th Aug, 2012 - 8:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2008 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Why Spanish Sucks

Why Spanish Sucks

Not a language lover? Why does this language suck in your opinion?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2008 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

Sucks Spanish Why

Name: Mclovin

Comments: Because it just does. It's ugly and a ripoff of other languages. So is English and basically every other language to exist, but still. It's horrible. It's annoying. It's so... how the Mexicans speak English with an accent-y. I can't say I like that. It also sucks because it is too easy. I like a challenge. Every teacher for Spanish I've ever had has been terrible. I've never heard of a good Spanish teacher. They're probably all illegal immigrants, but then again, who isn't? It is annoying, because you can add an "o" to the end of any word and it'll be in Spanish. See? No problem-o, Mister Mexican-o. I suppose the Spanish spoken in Spain is lovely and more romantic than that spoken in Mexico. I just don't like Mexican Spanish. Personal opinion. I just don't like Spanish.

26th Dec, 2008 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Why Spanish Sucks UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 26-Dec 08, 6:54 AM)
because you can add an "o" to the end of any word and it'll be in Spanish. See? No problem-o (sic) Mister Mexican-o.

How ignorant your statement is. No problemo? What's that? Because that's NOT Spanish. rolleyes.gif Maybe Spanish does not sucks but maybe the student?

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2010 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

Sucks Spanish Why

Name: DG

Comments: Dude, I agree. Listen to someone speak Spanish, then listen to someone speak Portuguese.

Spanish sounds like bread someone sat on in the back of a car. Its flat, full of vowels in a bad way, and just not very much fun to listen to.

Portuguese is like a real loaf of bread with butter and a flick of something you're not quite sure what, but it sure tastes good.

Both Latin based, but Spanish is a horrible, ugly sounding language, and Portuguese isn't.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2011 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

Sucks Spanish Why

Name: Jim

Comments: Spanish is a terrible language because it is [redundant] to the extreme. How many languages have twenty different meanings and terms for just one single word and another twenty ways to use that single word!

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2012 - 5:52am / Post ID: #

Why Spanish Sucks
A Friend

Why Spanish Sucks

international QUOTE
Because it just does. It's ugly and a ripoff of other languages. So is English and basically every other language to exist, but still. It's horrible. It's annoying. It's so... how the Mexicans speak English with an accent-y. I can't say I like that. It also sucks because it is too easy...

Well, you basically cancelled out your first argument of it being a ripoff of other languages right there... In fact, English HAS lost more of its original words than Spanish has. Spanish has about 50% vocabulary from Latin, its ancestor, and the rest from sources such as Arabic and Greek. Compare that with English's whopping 25 to 33% (depending on who you ask) of words coming from the original "Old English"... Is it just me or is 50 percent a lot bigger than 25? Now, on the matter of teachers, I'm afraid I'm going to have to inform you that an entire language does not "Suck" due to the incompetency of the teachers who teach it to foreign students. As for your comment on illegal immigrants, I am going to ignore that as it has absolutely no effect on the teaching ability of a person or how "Good" a language is. And the ending of "O" and "A" occurs (usually) in native words from Latin. Basically, Spanish just kept its own words and English got cognates (similar words from the same origin) from French and Latin. You also say that Spanish is too easy and that you like a challenge, even though you can't seem to understand that problemo is not a Spanish word, but rather problema, which is of Greek origin. Rather than basing your liking of a language on difficulty, maybe you should try to focus on whether or not you enjoy the sounds (which you seem to have done, although I fail to understand how you could call the entire Spanish language "Ugly" and then "Suppose" that Castillian Spanish is better. If anything, that seems like the semi-racist mentality that the country of origin of a language is the only place where its spoken well...

international QUOTE
Spanish is a terrible language because it is [redundant] to the extreme. How many languages have twenty different meanings and terms for just one single word and another twenty ways to use that single word!

Err...excuse me, but what? I must point out that if a language were to have 20 DIFFERENT meanings to a single word, well it would obviously have 20 different ways to use that word. One per meaning, you see? Now, as to Spanish's case with this, I do not believe that such a word exists, although if it does, perhaps you could share with us?

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Quote Tags as instructed here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. The Source of your Quote should also be provided. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Aug, 2012 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Why Spanish Sucks

I don't speak Spanish fluently but I thought it was one of the easier languages to learn grammar wise. Mostly its all about memorization and like anything else - practice. I got to the stage that I could hold a small conversation but nothing elaborate. What sucks is I forgot most of the vocab!

20th Aug, 2012 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Why Spanish Sucks Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

What made you say that the language is a ripoff? It is not a ripoff, it is a nice language, and for some people learning the Spanish language is not easy, like for instance me, for me the language is not easy to learn.

international QUOTE (Mclovin
)
how the Mexicans speak English with an accent-y

Excuse me? So you say that only the Spanish language do that? What about the other languages? Some of them does the same thing, not the "Spanish" only.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Why Spanish Sucks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,