Proposition 8 - Same-Sex Marriage - Page 5 of 12

Something tells me things are going to get - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Nov, 2008 - 6:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (12) »
Prop 8 - California's Marriage Challenge - Gay Marriage
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2008 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Proposition 8 - Same-Sex Marriage
A Friend

Proposition 8 - Same-Sex Marriage - Page 5

I think the entire bit of sign pulling and blackmail is illegal. But, The sign pulling thing doesn't come off to me as extremely offensive. But it is probably different when your the one who put them up.

28th Oct, 2008 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Marriage Same-Sex Proposition

Those signs aren't free. Someone is losing money every time a sign is stolen. That's not right.

I got my yard sign today, finally, now that there's only a week left. Good thing I have a 6' fence around my yard!

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

28th Oct, 2008 - 5:25am / Post ID: #

Proposition 8 - Same-Sex Marriage History & Civil Business Politics

A friend of mine sent a picture of a sign on this guys lawn. Someone kept stealing his McCain/Palin sign. Apparently he lives in a neighborhood with strong Obama supporters. He finally grew tired of it and put up a sign that said something to the effect of: "Someone keeps taking my McCain/Palin signs interfering with my First Amendment rights of the freedom of speech. If it happens again I will show you what the Second Amendment is all about. "

I thought it was pretty clever and to the point.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 5 Marriage Same-Sex Proposition

Ban Gay Marriage

California Voters Approve Gay Marriage Ban [12:57 p.m.]
Ref. ABC News

6th Nov, 2008 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

Marriage Same-Sex Proposition

Well, I'm glad that's over, but it's just one battle in what will be a very long war. New lawsuits are already filed, and other states are being targeted for the next battles.

And the world moves on.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 6th Nov, 2008 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Someone kept stealing his McCain/Palin sign.

Happened with a friend of mine, only different sign. It was an Obama/Bidden Sign. So, they simply found a 10 foot tall sign, and nailed it on a fence post. Not quite as creative, but it gets the job done. And yeah, Prop. 2 passed in Florida by 3 percent But, there was a lot more to it than just marriage is defined as a man and women. It also messed with a lot of marriage items. Also, no DP's either.

8th Nov, 2008 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Proposition 8 Same-Sex Marriage - Page 5

QUOTE (Myself)
And the world moves on.

Okay, maybe not yet.

Gay-rights activists criticize the church for helping to collect millions to aid passage of ban on gay marriage.
By Jessica Garrison and Joanna Lin
November 7, 2008
More than a thousand gay-rights activists gathered Thursday afternoon outside the Mormon temple in Westwood to protest the role Mormons played in passing Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in California.

It was the latest in an escalating campaign directed against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for its role in marshaling millions of dollars in contributions from its members for the successful campaign to take away same-sex marriage rights.

Do you see how they word it? "to take away same-sex marriage rights." There never has been the "right" to same-sex marriage. All this proposition does is define marriage in the California constitution as between a man and a woman.

I have been watching the news reports and also getting direct feedback from people who were there (or who know people who were there). It got really ugly at the LDS temple. One LDS guy that I work with said, "Hey, we've been mobbed before and it didn't stop us then." It will be interesting to see how many days they can keep up the protesting before they lose their day jobs.

At least 3 lawsuits have been filed (and countersuits, of course) to try to stop this or even overturn the vote!

What I find most interesting is that the Mormon church members were not even the majority of the voters in this thing, or the majority of the donors. Only 35 - 40%. So why aren't the other 60 - 65% of people being persecuted? Why is no one protesting at the Catholic church, or the Lutherans? Or the right Rev. Wright? I read where African Americans *overwhelmingly* voted for Prop 8 -- are these gay activists marching on Compton or Watts? Nope.

8th Nov, 2008 - 6:02am / Post ID: #

Proposition 8 Same-Sex Marriage Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

Something tells me things are going to get ugly. The really sad thing is that the gay community is always asking for tolerance and yet they don't appear to think it works both ways.

Source 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUEERLY BELOVED
'Gay' threats target Christians over same-sex 'marriage' ban
'Burn their f---ing churches, then tax charred timbers'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 05, 2008
11:00 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Decisions by voters in Florida, Arizona and California to join residents of 27 other states with constitutional protections for traditional marriage have prompted threats of violence against Christians and their churches.

"Burn their f---ing churches to the ground, and then tax the charred timbers," wrote "World O Jeff" on the JoeMyGod blogspot today within hours of California officials declaring Proposition 8 had been approved by a margin of 52 percent to 48 percent. Confirmation on voter approval of amendments in Florida and Arizona came earlier.

The amendments in all three states essentially limit marriage to one man and one woman. In California, the measure states the only marriages "valid and recognized" in the state are those between one man and one woman.

Thirty states now have adopted marriage amendments. However, in California, the vitriol appeared especially high since the state Supreme Court in May created same-sex marriage for homosexuals. Proposition 8 overruled the court decision, readopting the marriage definition California votersadopted in 2000.

On a blog website, "Tread" wrote, "I hope the No on 8 people have a long list and long knives."

Another contributor to the JoeMyGod website said, "While financially I supported the Vote No, and was vocal to everyone and anyone who would listen, I have never considered being a violent radical extremist for our equal rights. But now I think maybe I should consider becoming one. Perhaps that is the only thing that will affect the change we so desperately need and deserve."

A contributor identifying himself as "Joe" said, "I swear, I'd murder people with my bare hands this morning."

Matt Barber, director of cultural affairs for Liberty Counsel, called the statements "hate crimes" for their intent to create violence against someone based on their beliefs.

"This is not just a matter of some people blowing off steam because they're not happy with a political outcome. This is criminal activity," he said. "The homosexual lobby is always calling for 'tolerance' and 'diversity' and playing the role of victim. They claim to deplore violence and 'hate.' Here we have homosexuals inciting, and directly threatening, violence against Christians."

On the "Queerty" website, "Stenar" asked, "Can someone in CA please go burn down the Mormon temples there, PLEASE. I mean seriously. DO IT."

"I'm going to give them something to be f---ing scared of. "¦ I'm a radical who is now on a mission to make them all pay for what they've done," wrote "Jonathan."

Liberty Counsel's Barber said, "This is not free speech; these are 'hate crimes' under the existing definition. Imagine if Christian websites were advocating such violence against homosexuals. There'd be outrage, and rightfully so. It'd be national front-page news. Federal authorities should immediately investigate these threats and prosecute the perpetrators to the fullest extent of the law."

On yet another site, "Americablog," "scottinsf" wrote, "Trust me. I've got a big list of names of mormons and catholics that were big supporters of Prop 8. "¦ As far as mormons and catholics "¦ I warn them to watch their backs."

"I hope they all rot in hell, those servants of a lying, corrupt devil! BAN RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISM," wrote Angelo.

Reconcile Edited: alskann on 8th Nov, 2008 - 6:07am

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (12) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Proposition 8 - Same-Sex Marriage

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,