Proposition 8 - Same-Sex Marriage - Page 9 of 12

Court halts California gay marriages pending - Page 9 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Aug, 2010 - 11:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 12 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Prop 8 - California's Marriage Challenge - Gay Marriage
13th Aug, 2010 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

Proposition 8 - Same-Sex Marriage - Page 9

Interesting that this judge just happens to be gay. That info is flying really low on the "mainstream media" radar.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

14th Aug, 2010 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Marriage Same-Sex Proposition

Oh, it seems like a conflict of interest, I don't think it will last long but let's see what happens this time.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2010 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Proposition 8 - Same-Sex Marriage
A Friend

Proposition 8 - Same-Sex Marriage History & Civil Business Politics

I think California has it all wrong in a way. I do not support gay marriage but I am all for civil unions. I think if the states like California allowed civil unions and did not allow marriages by the gays then we may not be having these types of discussions.

15th Aug, 2010 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Marriage Same-Sex Proposition

Klar - Actually, California has RDP status - Registered Domestic Partners - who are afforded all the same legal benefits as married heterosexual couples in regard to dependents, income tax filing, health issues, child custody, etc. That's been around for quite a while.

And we would be having these discussions at some point, regardless of what is allowed or not allowed. The LGBT community is becoming a very powerful, united voice.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2010 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Marriage Same-Sex Proposition

If California has the RDP law on the books already why the big push with all this talk about legalized marriage and Proposition 8? I guess I just do not understand what the main fuss is about as I am not around people in the LGBT and do not know what they really are fighting for.

15th Aug, 2010 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Personally I don't see what the huge deal is. Scientifically we have advanced enough to prove that some people are born with less or more chromosomes and such leaning them or tipping them to one sex preference or the other.

Rather off topic, but...
I think God is interested in our hearts and not all this nonsense.

Civil union or marriage, it boils down to respect. I think the gay community wants the real thing to show they deserve the acknowledgment and respect of the rest of the community. Having civil union or marriage is like having drinking fountains for blacks and for whites. It isn't about whether or not the water is available it is about the fact that one is considered less than the other.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please leave religious references for Religions Board or put as Offtopic.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

15th Aug, 2010 - 7:45am / Post ID: #

Proposition 8 Same-Sex Marriage - Page 9

I'm in total agreement here with Oliron - he phrased everything very clearly and concisely. Nicely put, and now I am out of a post, o woe is me! "Separate but equal" wasn't right decades back, and it isn't right now, for fellow human beings.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 10 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1%

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2010 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Proposition 8 Same-Sex Marriage Politics Business Civil & History - Page 9

Court halts California gay marriages pending appeal

SAN FRANCISCO - A federal appeals court put same-sex weddings in California on hold indefinitely Monday while it considers the constitutionality of the state's gay marriage ban. The decision, issued by a three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, trumps a lower court judge's order that would have allowed... Ref. Source 2

+  « First of 12 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Proposition 8 - Same-Sex Marriage

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,