The Simpsons

The Simpsons - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 29th Aug, 2006 - 8:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
The Simpsons
Animated TV Series
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2004 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

The Simpsons

The Simpsons

Some people like The Simpsons while others think their jokes are too crude. How do you feel about it and which character is your favorite?

* Homer Jay Simpson, father
* Marjorie Simpson (nee Bouvier), mother
* Bartholomew Jo-Jo Simpson, son
* Lisa Marie Simpson, daughter
* Margaret Simpson, baby daughter

Sponsored Links:
22nd Oct, 2004 - 8:21am / Post ID: #

Simpsons The

I've always enjoyed the humor provided in The Simpsons. My favorite character by far is Homer Simpsons because of his block-headed perception of life. Bart comes in a close second.

22nd Oct, 2004 - 10:16am / Post ID: #

The Simpsons Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Margaret seems like the only sane person in the family and for a baby she is genius level laugh.gif. As far as crude jokes goes, I do think it can sometimes go overboard, but at the same time it is a very good reflection of US lifestyle and thinking. Yes, it is exaggerated, but for a non-US Citizen it is right in line with the 'mentality' of the USA.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2006 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

The Simpsons
A Friend

Simpsons The

I think the simpsons are top quality. Over here in England the simpsons are massive. Just about everyone I know loves them. My favorite character has to be Bart because of his pratical jokes and menacing behavior.

16th Mar, 2006 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Simpsons The

I have heard many people defend the Simpsons insistently. They tell me that much of the humor is quite intelligent as well as hilarious. I have personally never watched an episode all the way through because of crudity. Although I can see how it is possible to enjoy some of the humor, I don't really know if this is a typical US family. I live in the US, and haven't ever met a family like this, but then again I've only ever lived in the west. If it is typical, I think that is sad. It seems to me that the combination of popular and crude in TV shows equals all teenagers wanting to imitate them, and non-US residents think that is how our entire society is. And all we ever eat is McDonalds all day and go to Disneyland every other week.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2006 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

The Simpsons
A Friend

The Simpsons

I think that the simpsons is a very funny show. The consistently parody real life in a comical way, and though it is often crude, so is life. But all in all, its just an adult cartoon, and no more crude than most comedy now days, but then, that may be the argument anyway.

The Simpsons have continually re-invented the cartoon comedy sketch. This is evidenced by the fact that South Park had an episode entitled "Simpsons did it" in which every idea the evil Butters came up with, the Simpsons had already done it. The point was that the Simpsons have come up with so many new idea's that they have become revolutionary to the adult cartoon world. They have in fact influenced many other adult cartoons such as Family Guy and Matt Groenings other show, Futurama and even South Park.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2006 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Simpsons

KIEFER, DR. PHIL SET FOR SIMPSONS CAMEOS

Actor Kiefer Sutherland, rock duo White Stripes and TV therapist Dr. Phil are among the newest crop of celebrities who've signed on to make cameos on The Simpsons.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2006...est-voices.html

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2006 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

The Simpsons
A Friend

The Simpsons Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews

wink.gif The Simpsons have brought many people joy in watching because of its funny remarks about events in real life. Bart is my favorite charter because of his way of life, he is daring and bold and always says whats on his mind.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: The Simpsons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,