Kettleford Introduction

Kettleford Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 6th Aug, 2022 - 5:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2022 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Member Learner
[?] CPosts: 6
Flag Posts: 19
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.7%
[+] Gain: 45.44 FP
Charm: 1

Kettleford Introduction

I've been a lover of RPG games ever since I was a kid. I was kind of shy, albeit I would play up in class as I found the work easy, and there were some issues with my parents' marital life. Coupled this with resentful teachers and living in a town in Scotland where being a Catholic was equivalent to being a heretic and having gangs chase me all over meant that my formative years were not the most pleasant. Then I discovered something magical. Over here Fighting Fantasy gamebooks were becoming a huge deal, and I found I could escape my grim reality by delving into these fictions. This theb led to AD&D, and this changed my life. Suddenly, as the Dungeon Master, I had lots of friends wanting to check this new game out. I found that I also proved to be a fair Dungeon Master, and was fascinated how the pc's would alter my pre-created world by their actions. But then the usual thing happened whereby people grow apart and the campaigns get sidelined. I found I could get some satisfaction playing certain crp"S. Others though just did not hold the creative sway I had attuned throughout the years. MMO'S whilst interesting at first, soon became games where social interaction was rebuked. The constant hunt for new loot and microtransactions were such a blatant cash grab. And I felt so disappointed by what these beautiful games could have offered. A living, persistent world where ridiculous fetch quests or grinding were not the be all and end all. Anyway, that is where I am now. In my spare time I have a dream of creating three huge gamebooks, that introduce a lot of firsts. For example they are a pre-set party, and the sheer size of the books means that there are many ways to accomplish tasks. It's sort of a like a solo Dungeons & Dragons where the players read in the third person to get a sense of genuine attachment. [..].

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Teenager | Joined: Reg. 26th Apr, 2022 - 1:23pm
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2022 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Kettleford

Welcome adventurer. The current RPG in this Community is Ruler of Kings II which is a custom text based RPG and while similar to Dungeons & Dragons it is an independent and self-regulating role-playing system. I dare say, for the purpose of solo online entertainment while still maintaining a detailed character and imaginative development you will find that ROK II is far more diverse and engaging as a text RPG. You may also read: Ruler of Kings II vs Dungeons & Dragons.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2022 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Kettleford Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Kettleford! Welcome to the community. Your posts were moved to here: Writing A Choose Your Own Adventure Novel as you seem to be using an ROK II topic to talk a lot about your book.

ROK II starts as a solo adventure and you form your party in game. However, you really do need to fully read the rules of play up until and moving towards the creation of your character. ROK II is not a medium for you to carry on a game with other players with your own story. If that is what you are looking for then you will not find it as a new player. Those are advanced features.

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2022 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Member Learner
[?] CPosts: 6
Flag Posts: 19
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.7%
[+] Gain: 45.44 FP
Charm: 1

Introduction Kettleford

It wasn't an add, I just ran out of space, and was introducing the opening of my adventure.The rules are very vague and I did not know if I had to start my own campaign, which would then be Dungeon Master'edd and continued with results by my GM. I have since wrote another introductory post which I cannot find a response tp. This post contains more questions so that I can learn how to begin, as I have not found a proper explanation of how the game starts and which campaign we use.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Teenager | Joined: Reg. 26th Apr, 2022 - 1:23pm
Signature:
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2022 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 467
Flag Posts: 1,788
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 12.6%
[+] Gain: 144.57 FP
Charm: 48

Introduction Kettleford

Hi, if you're talking about ROK II then you don't start a campaign. I think you're on the wrong site. The game is like reading a choose your own adventure book think of it that way. When you begin everything is explained but I wonder if you have actuly read what the game is about.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: -- | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 26th Feb, 2014 - 11:47pm
Signature:
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2022 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Kettleford Introduction

Name: Harry

Comments: Hello everyone. I happened upon this site and believe that I have discovered my 'Holy Grail' of role-playing. The fact that it is free, and has like minded people makes me understand that this is genuine, and coming from a plethora of computer games, riddled with microtransactions, I cannot begin to explain what a relief that is.

As I was reading, (And in some cases watching) the details of the site and ROKII, I had a peculiar sense of de ja vu! Only when I went to register did I realise that I already had, but due to a very painful tendonapothy (Which thankfully is getting better), I lost track of all my gaming pursuits.

I am happy that I have rediscovered this site, and I am a fan of the written style of RPG, and believe that with similar people, it creates the perfect feeling of verismilitude, and I am eager to dive into this medieval fantasy world.

As a new player, I am a bit unsure how the system works. Is there a place where I create my intended character for a Dungeon Master to authenticate? I've had a read through some of the forum, but still not sure where to start. Also is there a way I can edit my avatar pic? For some reason I chose a sad face, but I will probably update it with a more medieval scene, or even my own face (Which with three broken noses should be quite applicable for the setting! *wink*.

Also, I notice below there is a section called 'Your Sources', is this in regards to my inspirations? I'm sure you will be able to guess most of them, and I do have a comical story about when I met George RR Martin (Years before the HBO made him world famous).

In finishing, I look forward to getting to know you, either your game character/s or online person, and I am available if you require any back-up Dungeon Master'ing or want to team-up in game. All the best, and happy adventuring,

Harry the Scottish Guy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2022 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Kettleford Introduction

Hi Harry, you posted the above as a guest, you need to make sure you are logged into the system in order to post under your account. Also ask your questions here rather than in multiple topics.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2022 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 442
Flag Posts: 2,645
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 17.2%
[+] Gain: 36.28 FP
Charm: 54

Kettleford Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Kettleford, are you here to play Dungeons & Dragons or ROK II? If Dungeons & Dragons, this isn't the site. They used to play Dungeons & Dragons here but not anymore.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: -- | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 7th Apr, 2013 - 2:14pm
Signature: Rock on.
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Kettleford Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,