Avalonhope Introduction

Avalonhope Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 6th Aug, 2022 - 8:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2022 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Avalonhope Introduction
A Friend

Avalonhope Introduction

I am from Ireland. I work as a Machine Learning Engineer; a kind of Python developer who works alongside Data Scientists to bring their algorithms and models into production. As a hobby and also to develop my Python skills I am working on a space opera/fantasy MUD using the Evennia framework. I am interested in medieval fantasy as well as space opera genres. I like multi-player RPGs in which the roleplaying is linked in with the game mechanics. I am interested in interactive fiction but find the single player versions to be too limiting. On the other hand forum based roleplay can be difficult to moderate and enforce game mechanics or consistency. In some RPGs the forum based roleplay is like a parallel universe, not linked in to where the character actually is in terms of game mechanics. So ROK II seems like a good match for what I am looking for. I prefer text-based browser games to video style game action RPGs. I like SWCombine and TextSpaced even though they lack good RP. I also like MightAndFealty, Marosia, Cantr and RolePlayGateway. I think that BrowserQuests is very good as single player interactive fiction with game mechanics, but lacks the open-ended freedom of a persistent sandbox game. I am interested in creative writing, but have never written a finished story yet. I sometimes get ideas for stories and characters, but have difficulty in developing them.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2022 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Avalonhope

Salutations adventurer. Ruler of Kings II will invigorate thy imagination. Prepare thyself to enter this new world of detailed Character building with you as the controller of destiny. Please proceed to begin reading the Rules & Start, which is the vital preface of the Player's Manual.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2022 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Avalonhope Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Avalonhope! Nice to see you posting around. Please note that threads talking about religion in some way are kept only in the religious based boards. Also, adult based topics are only for the mature section and your post was moved there.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2022 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Avalonhope Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Avalonhope

In my introduction, I forgot to mention my interest in voting systems and that my PhD in Computer Science was on the topic of Electronic Voting.

A question for the Support Team: I can't find the board for mature content; is it limited to paid-up members?

Reconcile Edited: Avalonhope on 1st Aug, 2022 - 6:41pm

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2022 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Avalonhope

Hi again, impressive that you have a doctorate. Yes, that particular board is only for upgraded members as it cannot be made public and is for mature minded folks that are serious in the discussions about relationships.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2022 - 8:31am / Post ID: #

Avalonhope Introduction
A Friend

Avalonhope Introduction

So, my character has died three times due to random encounters, and I seem to be using up FP faster than I can write posts. Well, it encourages me to be less shy with my opinions and to keep on writing *smile*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Avalonhope Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,