Tactics: Arms Race For Europe Defense System

Tactics Arms Race Europe Defense System - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Jun, 2007 - 12:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Do you think it makes sense?
4th Jun, 2007 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

Bush wants to create a missile defense system in Europe to stop a possible attack from Iran, but Russia is not buying into it and threatens to point their missiles towards Europe. Do you think that tactically it is worth the risk of setting up bases in Europe only to start an Arms Race with Russia again?

PUTIN WARNS EUROPE OVER U.S. ANTI-MISSILE PLANS

Vladimir Putin warned Sunday that Moscow would take retaliatory steps if Washington proceeds with building a missile defense system for Europe.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...in-warning.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
4th Jun, 2007 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

System Defense Europe Race Arms Tactics

Russia is such a danger, they are actually helping Iran (not that it is surprising). I am not sure if Bush's decision to set those bases are wise, I suppose he does not have much choice because I could see Iran as a threat and I do not think Iran is afraid to use the weapons they have and the ones they are continuing building.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

5th Jun, 2007 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

Tactics: Arms Race For Europe Defense System History & Civil Business Politics

To a degree, this is slightly humorous. Russia has missles and they are ready to use them....so where are they targetted now? They have predetermined targets and they are plugged into the system...so who will they not target now to start targetting the EU? Funny, they didn't say that they would start targetting the US. Why would that be? Probably, because we are still targetting each other.

I think that if I were Russia or any other country that wasn't whole heartedly a ally of the US, I would object to a shield that only the US could operate. Basically, if you could ever see yourself as a enemy of the US, you wouldn't want it. So, I understand Russia's position. But don't think that they don't already have nukes pointed at some EU countries already...that is just naive.

One thing that I believe that Russia is still upset and I believe they are just in this regard is the throwing away of the Missle Treaty by the US. Basically, after 9-11, the US has said that the Missle Treaty is not needed now that the Cold War is over and this new War on Terrorism has started. The missle treaty meant one thing the Russia and a different thing to the US after 9-11 and the US did not take this into consideration. It was a breach of trust and if you want to put up a world wide shield that only one group controls...you need a lot of trust, so we blew it and this is the result.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

5th Jun, 2007 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Whether the new shield locations are added or not likely matters little as to where Russian is aiming presently. I am sure USA Europe and Canada have targets in their borders presently.

Only question is will Russia join Iraq in an open attack against the united nations. If so then all is last any how because Korea I am sure would throw in their bits along with every other country that has been assaulted by the us any ways.

I am sure the States will go ahead just in stages or in a larger time span.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2007 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Bush reiterates: Russia not an enemy

President Bush on Wednesday discounted Vladimir Putin's threat to retarget missiles on Europe, saying "Russia's not going to attack Europe."
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070606/ap_on_re_eu/bush

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2007 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I can't help but get the nagging sensatin that we are leading up to a new world war - one that won't last very long - about the time it takes to push a button...

Sometimes the world leaders just remind me of children - sat with their fingers resting on the switches to launch armagedon, just waiting for the firast person to actually initiate it.

I cannot belive that in this day and age, with all the technological marvels that we have created, or stumbled upon, that our country's leaders feel the need to pursue a constant arms race. What is it that creates this rabbid thirst for for power?

One thing I am sure of is that Putin wants Russia's power back, and is willing to go a long way to get it... after all, this man was a key figure in one of the most dangerous secret policing authorities in the world.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Jun, 2007 - 6:59am / Post ID: #

Tactics Arms Race Europe Defense System

Well, here's an interesting twist: Russia says the US can put the missiles in Azerbaijan instead of Poland or Czechoslovakia.

President Putin of Russia proposed using a radar site in Azerbaijan for a European missile defense system as a counteroffer to President Bush's plan to base the system in Poland and the Czech Republic.

Mr. Bush called it "an interesting suggestion" and said America and Russia will quickly begin "a strategic dialogue" to pursue the idea as part of a system to defend Europe from a missile attack by Iran or any other "rogue" state.

Their remarks after a 45-minute meeting on the sidelines of the Group of Eight summit in Heiligendamm, Germany, may defuse some of the tension that arose in Europe because of Mr. Putin's strong objections to the missile shield, which he said threatened to spark a new arms race. Mr. Putin indicated all the friction hasn't been eased.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

8th Jun, 2007 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Tactics Arms Race Europe Defense System Politics Business Civil & History

Nice move on Russia's part as now they get to be involved in the shield and they have been a non threat for long enough that if the States refuse it will put the heat on them and off of Russia.

Personally I think a European USA Russia alliance in a defense system makes sense. It would also hopefully put pressure for Russia to cut some questionable political ties. A pipe dream but one has to keep hoping as the world can not continue the way it is now with out a disastrous result.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Tactics: Arms Race For Europe Defense System

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,