400 People Volunteer For A One-way Mission To Mars

400 People Volunteer One-way Mission Mars - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 9th Aug, 2016 - 10:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Top  400 People Volunteer For One-way Mission Mars
11th Jan, 2011 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Would you be willing to go to Mars knowing you will never be able to return to the Earth? It seems like there are lots of people willing to do it…

international QUOTE
An interplanetary trip to Mars could take as little as 10 months, but returning would be virtually impossible -- making the voyage a form of self-imposed exile from Earth unlike anything else in human history.

What would inspire someone to volunteer? We've just found out.

A special edition of the Journal of Cosmology details exactly how a privately-funded, one-way mission to Mars could depart as soon as 20 years from now -- and it prompted more than 400 readers to volunteer as colonists.

"I've had a deep desire to explore the universe ever since I was a child and understood what a rocket was," Peter Greaves told FoxNews.com. Greaves is the father of three, and a jack-of-all-trades who started his own motorcycle dispatch company and fixes computers and engines on the side.

"I envision life on Mars to be stunning, frightening, lonely, quite cramped and busy," he told FoxNews.com. "Unlike Earth I wouldn't be able to sit by a stream or take in the view of nature's wonder, or hug a friend, or breath deeply the sweet smell of fresh air -- but my experience would be so different from all 6 to 7 billion human beings ... That in itself would make up for the things I left behind....

Image from Wikimedia public domain.
Source 1

400 People Volunteer For A One-way Mission To Mars (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2011 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mars Mission One-way For Volunteer People

If I was younger and had better engineering skills I would jump on this myself. I would love to take a trip to another planet and learn to live off that planet and make a human settlement that can soon pave the way to more and more human settlers on another planet.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2014 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

400 People Volunteer For A One-way Mission To Mars UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Mars mission would not meet OHS

EFFORTS to send humans to Mars would likely expose them to health risks beyond the limits of what NASA currently allows, an independent panel says. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2014 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

NASA warned plan to send humans to Mars may fail

The US space agency NASA has been warned that its mission to send humans to Mars will fail unless its revamps its methods and draws up a clear, well-planned strategy to conquer the red planet. The National Research Council said in a congressionally-mandated report that Washington should use"¦ Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2015 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

How NASA will get humans to Mars

NASA is very serious about sending humans to Mars. The space agency has made that clear by releasing a detailed outline of its future plans. Ref. Source 7i

Post Date: 12th Mar, 2016 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

NASA Targets May 2018 Launch of Mars InSight Mission

NASA's Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport (InSight) mission to study the deep interior of Mars is targeting a new launch window that begins May 5, 2018, with a Mars landing scheduled for Nov. 26, 2018. Ref. Source 2m.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2016 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

400 People Volunteer For One-way Mission Mars

Engine test marks major milestone on NASA's journey to Mars

NASA successfully tested the first deep space RS-25 rocket engine for 500 seconds March 10, clearing a major milestone toward the next great era of space exploration. The next time rocket engine No. 2059 fires for that length of time, it will be carrying humans on their first deep-space mission in more than 45 years. Ref. Source 7i.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2016 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

400 People Volunteer For One-way Mission Mars Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

NASA has selected six U.S. Companies to help advance the Journey to Mars by developing ground prototypes and concepts for deep space habitats.

Through the public-private partnerships enabled by the Next Space Technologies for Exploration Partnerships-2 (NextSTEP-2) Broad Agency Announcement, Appendix A, NASA and industry partners will expand commercial development of space in low-Earth orbit while also improving deep space exploration capabilities to support more extensive human spaceflight missions.

The selected companies are:

Bigelow Aerospace of Las Vegas
Boeing of Pasadena, Texas
Lockheed Martin of Denver
Orbital ATK of Dulles, Virginia
Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Space Systems of Louisville, Colorado
NanoRacks of Webster, Texas Ref. CNN.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: 400 People Volunteer For A One-way Mission To Mars

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,