East Indian Dress - Sari

East Indian Dress Sari - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 15th Oct, 2022 - 4:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Top  East Indian Dress,Sari Sexual, Sensual, Religious or Other? Will you wear a Sari as a fashion statement?
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2005 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

East Indian Dress - Sari

East Indian Dress

Have you ever considered the way some East Indian women dress with their middle exposed? Some may see this as a way to attract the opposite sex. This is what one site says about it:

Sometimes non-Indians wonder about the traditional costume of the Indian woman, the short blouse she wears under her sari that exposes her middle. Why is her bare belly revealed? Lest this custom be misunderstood, I would like to point out that it is not for any sexy allure, but in honor of the fertility of her womb that bears children
Ref. Source 7

Below: (An artist's impression of an East Indian Woman)

East Indian Dress - Sari
East Indian Dress - Sari (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jan, 2005 - 5:02am / Post ID: #

Sari Dress Indian East

In all the years that I grew up around East Indians I never knew this. It makes perfect sense and explains why children would greet their mothers by hugging them around the stomach region. I never felt that showing the midrift was supposed to be a sexual or sensual custom, I just thought that this was their form of dress and left it at that.

6th Oct, 2005 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

East Indian Dress - Sari Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I heard about this years ago from a pundit.

Even though most people see indian women as being oppressed (and it is true in many instances), there are also various signs, at least in Hinduism, where women are cherished and valued.

As I may have pointed out in another topic, cows are revered in Hinduism due to their physical similarities to women. India has for many years, been backwards in terms of healthcare..and when mothers experienced problems with childbirth, and either died or were not able to nurture their child, cow's milk would be used as a substitute for breast milk, thus keeping the child alive.

Furthermore, a cow's gestation is similar to that of a woman's, as it lasts for nine months.

Also, many prayers are said to Mother Lakshmi in the hindu religion. She is one aspect of God which represents a woman. She is portrayed as a woman with six arms, which stands for all the roles women play..nurturer, mother etc.

Therefore, the indian dress which allows a woman to expose her stomach, is another way of spiritually accepting and being grateful for the gift of childbirth bestowed on women

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2012 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Sari Dress Indian East

An example of a traditional female East Indian dress called a "sari".

East Indian Dress - Sari
East Indian Dress - Sari (Hover)

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2013 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Sari Dress Indian East

Name: Terry

Title: Sari

Comments: In a sari, navel is bared because the navel is considered as a sign of childbirth which is a cherished gift as it ensures the continuation of humanity and not as a seductive gesture.

15th Oct, 2022 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

East Indian Dress - Sari

Indian woman washing her sari at a river
See: Source 1m.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: East Indian Dress - Sari

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,