Sandra Day O'Connor

Sandra Day O' Connor - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Dec, 2023 - 3:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Sandra Day O' Connor The first woman to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2005 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sandra Day O'Connor

O'CONNOR RETIRES

Justice Sandra Day O'Connor -- the first woman to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court -- announced on Friday that she is retiring, setting up what is sure to be a tumultuous fight over confirming her successor.
Ref. Source

O'CONNOR WIELDED POWER AS THE 'SWING VOTE' ON KEY ISSUES

For the last decade of her 24-year Supreme Court career, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor has been the most powerful American woman ever to hold public office -- casting pivotal votes on such hotly contested matters as abortion, states' rights, the death penalty, government involvement with religion, and the rights of suspected terrorists.
Ref. Source

Image from Wikimedia public domain.

Sandra Day O'Connor
Sandra Day O'Connor (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2005 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Sandra Day O'Connor
A Friend

OConnor Day Sandra

I am very curious to see who they select to replace her. I hope that they choose to continue down the road of diversity and choose someone that represents a group of people that are not represented already. Another woman would be nice since there isn't another one on the panel. But a judge of latino descent would also fill a void of person representation on the Supreme Court Panel.

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2005 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Sandra Day O'Connor
A Friend

Sandra Day O'Connor History & Civil Business Politics

I am very curious to see who they select to replace her. I hope that they choose to continue down the road of diversity and choose someone that represents a group of people that are not represented already. Another woman would be nice since there isn't another one on the panel. But a judge of latino descent would also fill a void of person representation on the Supreme Court Panel.

I look for another ridiculous philabuster by one side or the other, probably the democrats in this situation because Bush will be the one nominating. So we wont know the end of this for a long time.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2023 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

OConnor Day Sandra

Retired Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, first woman on Supreme Court, dies. A key figure in landmark Supreme Court cases, Justice O’Connor retired in 2006 and announced in 2018 that she had been diagnosed with dementia. Source 4v.

> TOPIC: Sandra Day O'Connor

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,