US Congress: Job Well Done?

Us Congress Job Done - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2023 - 3:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Congress of the United States of America
20th Dec, 2008 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

They battered the 3 auto presidents for flying on their private jets to ask for more money. They set the ground rules that created the entire mortage/mortgage investment company collapse. Just to be straight...if there were no deregulation, there would have been no sub prime crisis. There would be no need for bailouts of that industry and we OWE it to our congress. This is not to say that some of the deregulation wasnt helpful, but it is quite obvious that the end results of all the various laws created failure. This year, I will recieve no raise in pay because of my companies economic situation and I accept that... However, you have to have some GARGANTUAN INTESTINAL FORTITUDE (Not sure I can say here what I really want to) to pull off a slick move like this in our current economic climate...

Source 9

You got it. The exact congress that has presided over a budget that will go over a TRILLION dollars in debt has done such a great job that they deserve a 2.8% pay raise? Daily, thousands are people are being tossed out of work because of your organizations ineptitude and you deserve more cash? I am sure we will hear that we didn't realize that the raise was coming and that is the correct answer....they didn't see it coming either and it was guaranteed.

Personally, I would be fired for job performance like this, but here...well it is rewarded.

You really should read the attachment, but if you don't...here is one of my favorite parts:

international QUOTE
Rep. Harry Mitchell, a first-term Democrat from Arizona, sponsored legislation earlier this year that would have prevented the automatic pay adjustments from kicking in for members next year. But the bill, which attracted 34 cosponsors, failed to make it out of committee.

Here is a guy that had it right...but sadly...the majority of his peers didn't see it that way. Remember, he was a Representative and there are 435 of those...34 cosponsors....NICE!

Reconcile Edited: JB on 3rd Mar, 2014 - 12:24pm

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Dec, 2008 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

US Congress:  Job Well Done?
A Friend

Done Job Congress US

I have had the belief that we should not put people back into congress until they start acting like they are trying to help us. In the past three elections I have not voted for the incumbent. I think all the money they are getting while we struggle is bad. This raise is just more icing on their cake that they still get to eat. Who says you can not have your cake and eat it too. If you in congress you can and more.

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2013 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

US Congress: Job Well Done? History & Civil Business Politics

Republicans hold a 49%-47% edge over Democrats among registered voters in the 2014 generic ballot for Congress, according to a new CNN/ORC International poll. That's a dramatic turnaround from one month ago, when the Democrats held a 50%-42% advantage over the GOP in the generic ballot, which asks whether voters would choose the Democratic or Republican candidate in their congressional district, without any mention of the candidates' names. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2014 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Done Job Congress US

Politician and parent: Behind-the-scenes struggle to balance work, family

86 percent of U.S. Congressional representatives say they spend too little time with their families. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2014 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Done Job Congress US

Lucrative pensions for Congress draw criticism:

If history is any indication, most departing members of Congress will cash in on a retirement system that critics say is too generous and costs too much. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

USA TODAY probe finds huge jump in congressional foreign travel costs, fueled by hundreds of flights over $10K

Taxpayer-funded foreign travel costs for members of Congress and staff nearly doubled in fiscal year 2016, jumping to $19.4 million, up from $11 million the year before, Treasury Department documents show. About 40% of commercial flights booked for lawmakers and their staff had tickets costing more than $10,000. Members of Congress travel abroad to oversee U.S. Spending, meet with foreign officials and visit U.S. Troops, but Congress does not pay for the trips, so there is no incentive to keep costs down. Ref. USAToday.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

US Congress Job Done

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has delayed the start of the August recess until the third week of the month to allow more time to complete work on health care reform and other issues.

The delay of the August recess comes after a handful of rank-and file Republicans urged leadership to stay in Washington to finish their business rather than return home for the district work period. Eight senators held a news conference earlier Tuesday on the topic of recess, during which they stood next to a large printed graphic warning: "31 working days until the fiscal year ends."

"We have an enormous amount of work to do," Sen. Mike Lee of Utah said, urging the Senate to consider working through weekends as well.

While Republicans are still working through their plan to overhaul Obamacare, McConnell says there is plenty more work to do after that.

"Once the Senate completes its work on health care reform, we will turn to other important issues including the National Defense Authorization Act and the backlog of critical nominations that have been mindlessly stalled by Democrats," McConnell said.

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2023 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

US Congress Job Done Politics Business Civil & History

How a new Congress will change the direction of the country: What we know
Flanked by House Republicans, U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio speaks during a news conference at the U.S. Capitol on November 17, 2022 in Washington, DC. House Republicans held a news conference to discuss "The Biden family's business dealings." House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy said having Republicans in the majority will change the direction of the country. The new Congress is sworn in Jan. 3. Source 8m.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: US Congress: Job Well Done?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,