Demon's Power

Demon' S Power - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Sep, 2008 - 1:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 9th Sep, 2008 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Demon's Power
A Friend

Demon's Power

Demons certainly do have plenty of power, but Joseph Smith was able to shut them down, but they fled instantly to another person.

Zebedee Coltrin witnessed this power:

About ten days after I was confirmed a member of the Church by Lyman Wight, I first saw the Prophet Joseph at a prayer meeting at the home of Father Morley.  He was then a beardless young man.
During the meeting, the powers of darkness were made manifest in a remarkable degree, causing some to make horrid noises, and others to throw themselves violently around.  Joseph said this was a fulfillment of the scriptures where it says "That the man of sin should be revealed."
When Lyman Wight was ordained a high priest, Joseph him he should see the heavens opened, and after he was ordained he stood on his feet and testified that he could see the heavens open and could see Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
Harvey Whitlock was ordained next with the same promise, but afterwards he seemed paralyzed.  His mouth was in the shape of an italic "O" and his arm was stretched as if nailed to a cross.  Joseph rebuked the power that had seized him, and it left him, and he testified, as Lyman had done, that he saw the heavens open, and Jesus standing on the right hand of the Father.  This was the beginning in our day of ordinations to the office of high priest.
- Experience of Zebedee Coltrin, quoted in They Knew The Prophet, Andrus, Hyrum L., and Andrus, Helen Mae, Bookcraft, 1974, p.27.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: I moved this Post from the Catholic Board, because that is the Catholic Board, I do not think they are fond of Joseph Smith quotes. Please keep LDS Doctrine to the LDS based Boards. Please also use Quote tags when you are quoting someone. Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2008 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

Demon's Power
A Friend

Power Demons

Demons have a lot of power, but they try not to manifest it out in the open. Because if they exist then god must exist.

Rather off topic, but...
The Catholics have a hard time casting them out. They do recognize them fairly well though. It is kind of a joke to me when I read about them trying to cast out demons. It takes them days with little progress.

I think that most of the time it is up to the individual to pray to god and cast them out themselves.

13th Sep, 2008 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Demon's Power Studies Doctrine Mormon

Quasar, are you saying you have a sure fire method for casting out demons? spock.gif

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2008 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Demon's Power
A Friend

Power Demons

I know this sounds contradictory to my statement of them not wanting anyone to know that they exist, but they love attention. The method that most religions use actually gives them attention and doesn't really work.

Quasar, are you saying you have a sure fire method for casting out demons?

No I don't. You can redirect people. When someone is possessed you can ignore the demons and that works fairly well. You can tell it to go away and it usually does. I think one has to be careful using the lords name in this situation. It really isn't any of my business to go around casting out demons without the approval of god, which I don't have. It is between the individual and god. I have tried it once and it worked for a few days. Unfortunately I wasn't authorized and it was a bad few days for me. Some people have to experience it. Just like some have to experience diseases.

If someone is going to cast them out. I believe that it has to do with the faith of the victim and the virtue of the one casting them out. I say it takes a person of virtue so that one is an easier instrument of christ. I don't have that virtue at this time.

I also think that the person has to be very careful and in tuned with the spirit. You don't want to go around throwing God's priesthood as you see fit.

I believe that there are many priesthood brothers that are qualified to cast out demons. I am not on that level and I found out the hard way. People think that it is you that has a special gift and rely on you without practicing their faith and connection to God. I think that it is more of our job to help direct people to christ and administer on the Father's request in these situations.

That is just my opinion.

And that is what cracks me up about people going around casting out demons. They are missing this very basic understanding.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 13th Sep, 2008 - 4:48pm

13th Sep, 2008 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Power Demons

Quite interesting, however you make it sound as though you come into contact with these possessed persons quite often, how come?

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2008 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Demon's Power
A Friend

Demon's Power

I don't know. The only word that come to mind is "Vicarious" for part of it. A lot of this can be described as Vicarious. I like my freedom. I have lived in many places here in the USA. If I go for a walk and someone invites me in for a snack then I will probably go in.

The other part can be explained with friends and some family. A small part can be explained with my own personal experience on things.

I have many experiences on this subject and I really have not figured it out.

I will be in another state in the next couple of months. I like the adventure.

I work construction, so these types of encounters seam odd to me. I am drawn to them though.

You might be surprised how many people are involved in priestcraft. That is in revelations.

My pat blessing is starting to make more sense, but I don't really know how to help.

I am still very confused on this. Sorry I can't answer your question. I just do what I want.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Sep, 2008 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Demon's Power

Don't play with things you don't understand because you'll end up on the wrong side of the fence and need a few blessing to recover.

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2008 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Demon's Power
A Friend

Demon's Power Mormon Doctrine Studies

I believe it is important to understand these things Mckay. Sometimes mistakes are made, but I don't run away from people with these problems. Even if you just study and observe what is going on.

I have had problems with this type of force my whole life and have gradually come to the conclusion that they do exist. I also know for a fact that the angels exist. It is kind of a joke because the angels are much more powerful than their counter parts. They could take them out any time. I think that it is more of a fight that we have to pursue and the angels only come in...never mind. I am not a 100% about that.

There are so many different types of demons with different powers and skills. I think it is necessary for me to understand these combatants. Know thy Enemy.

For some people it really isn't a choice of playing with them or not. The reality is that they are played with.

And it might be true that some of our most brilliant and best souls are taken out by the most powerful of the dark force's army. I would hate to answer to these types in the afterlife for doing nothing.

So I think I will continue to try to understand it and as many of you might think "play with it".

After all we are the army of god aren't we?

How many people really know this type of thing. I used to be a cry baby about it and now I almost feel blessed and privileged. I love to fight and god knows it.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Demon's Power

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,