Why Religion Is Good For Society

Why Religion Good Society - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 21st Dec, 2015 - 9:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 20th Aug, 2012 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

If you think Religion in general is a benefit to society and the individual then please state your views here.

Sponsored Links:
10th Jun, 2013 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Society Good Religion Why

Religion can be good for society if it teaches its followers to be better citizens, obey the law and treat others fairly. Generally most of them do but there is always a hidden motive of what some can get out of it.

10th Jun, 2013 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Why Religion Is Good For Society Beliefs Religious General

Religion is good for society because it usually helps and encourages people to become better at behavior in society, Religion helps people in the world who are in need thorough donation from their members. It brings hope to those who feels helpless and don't know what to do with their fears or challenges. Like Krusten said most Religions are like that. But usually Religions exists for a special purpose for people.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2013 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

As long as the followers are not radical, they are good people.

I ever met some radical religious persons. They always persuade me with slogan "Repent or go to hell, sinner!"

I think religion should not be forced to whom do not believe it.

23rd Jun, 2013 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

There is of course good and bad to everything but with religion it has a whole category on its own. It can cause the most extreme views on wither side of the coin to be forced on people even if the intentions seem to be good they can be enslaving, yet it can bring order and reason to things - that is the good part.

30th Jun, 2013 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Religion can be good. Many religions help the those who need it, whether its by giving food, money, or counsel. The biggest thing to take into consideration is that religion is traditions and rules taught by men. Man is flawed. So you have to look into yourself to make the moral decision of whether or not your religion or aspects of it is good or bad. Don't let anyone lead you blindly into anything you don't feel is right. I believe reading the [New Testament] of the bible makes me a better person. I don't see any immoral teachings threw Jesus. I don't attend a church, but I do pray and read and let GOD teach me. I could be right or wrong in my own religious beliefs but that's for GOD to decide in my book!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Dec, 2015 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Why Religion Good Society

Religion and faith I believe can be very good for society, yet the right mindset or motive is need for such. The wish to improve oneself, to become better and live a moral life, as well as doing service to your fellow man are a few such reasons.

Religion can offer answers not readily answered by other means, counting science, such as the questions of who we are, why we are here, what is our purpose or place, and do where we come from or where will we go when we die.

The problem is at time knowing which religion is true, discerning which are good from and benefical from those which are bad and harmful.

We live in a cynical world, were we are often thought not to believe in anything we cannot see with our own eyes or 'test' in a way that can be understood by others. Religion can offer hope, goodwill, and positivety into the lives of many. It can lead to a better way of life and joy in ways other things cannot offer.

For me, religion is very good... Yet I understand many have not shared the same experience as I have. Religion being a terrible thing that has brought only suffering and pain, and my heart goes out to these people. You are not ignored or pushed aside.

Do not come away believing all religion is bad, because it is not. There are numerous examples of how it can and has been good in the lives of many.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 21st Dec, 2015 - 1:46am

21st Dec, 2015 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Why Religion Good Society General Religious Beliefs

Although the word "Religion" generalizes it a bit I believe one's faith can help to be a better person, teach right from wrong and a contributor to society in a positive way.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Why Religion Is Good For Society

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,