Funeral Potatoes

Funeral Potatoes - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2024 - 9:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2024 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Funeral Potatoes
A Friend

Funeral Potatoes

Whenever Thanksgiving comes around, I like making "Funeral potatoes" at the family dinner. Pretty easy to make and it's pretty savory, so I love it. All you need is:

-24 oz potatoes
-2 cups sour cream
-1 can of cream of chicken soup
-1/2 a cup of melted butter
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp onion powder
-2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
-2-3 cups crushed corn flakes

1.) You take the potatoes, thaw them if needed
2.) Take the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and butter, and mix it up.
3.) After mixing, combine with everything else except the corn flakes and potatoes.
4.) Add the potatoes after they are chopped up thin or diced, however you prefer.
5.) Sprinkle the corn flakes on top.
6.) Bake it uncovered at 350 F for 40-50 minutes.

Just a fun savory dish that doesn't take too much effort. Most you have to do is chop up the potatoes in a consistent fashion. If you try this, let me know what you think of it!

Sponsored Links:
2nd Mar, 2024 - 9:38am / Post ID: #

Potatoes Funeral

Interesting recipe but why the name "Funeral"? If it's the high fat it doesn't seem to have anymore than other dinner foods along the same line.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2024 - 9:46am / Post ID: #

Funeral Potatoes
A Friend

Funeral Potatoes Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I think mainly it's because this food is made as a confort food after a funeral. It might be a Souther USA thing. I merely know the name and am not super familiar with the etymology.

> TOPIC: Funeral Potatoes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,