Serving A Mission In Grenada Can Be Fun!

Serving Mission Grenada Fun! - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 14th Sep, 2008 - 12:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Going to a vacat...I mean a mission!
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2008 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Did you ever think about serving a senior mission in Grenada? They're looking for senior LDS missionaries to serve there and here is a list they compiled with some of the reasons why you should serve there:

Here are a few reasons why:

Wonderful missionaries live right in the same building (at the back, so they don't get tempted by the million dollar beach view)

Morning Walks - no other couples walk out of their door, over a few rocks, and down on to a beach giving them a 1.9 mile walk each morning, except in Grenada. A nice side benefit - you may lose a few pounds like Sister Wood did (over 30 I believe) from all that healthy early morning walking.

Medical Students - prepare to be surrounded by doctors (or almost doctors) who keep a careful and loving eye on you. There is a medical and vet school, St Georges, on the island. Currently there are about 14 medical student families living in Grenada as well as occasional visiting lecturers.

The students help out in various callings in the branch.

The Grenada chapel sits in the most stunning location in the mission (and just happens to be right next door to the missionary apartments)

Rich History: This chapel was personally selected through the efforts of President Monson, except in Grenada.

The church has a very special baptismal font.

Here it is - that's right - in the sea behind the church.

It also had a nice new basketball hoop.

Are you starting to get sold on Grenada?

Here's a few more points:

The members often gather for what they fondly call a 'seaside' - no 'firesides' in Grenada.

Now what about the accommodations? Is there running water? (yes) Air conditioning? (yes) What does a couple missionary apartment look like inside?

(several pics of inside apartment)

Quite a view from the front door
Kitchen - eating area
Bedroom (no mosquito nets needed here with the nice ocean breeze - and the Woods hardly ever use the AC)
Nice bathroom
Living room on the sea
Here is where you will dry your shoes after your early morning walks...

...collecting seashells

You can keep an eye on the lovely chapel right from your porch

And the coup de grace - breath-taking sunsets from the porch...

Source 8

So are you going for a vacat...I mean a mission to Grenada? laugh.gif

Sponsored Links:
13th Sep, 2008 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Fun Can Grenada Mission Serving

They seemed to have left out the part where you baptize, do service, visit the poor and the afflicted and other related activities - that should be incentive enough don't you think? spock.gif

13th Sep, 2008 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Serving A Mission In Grenada Can Be Fun! Studies Doctrine Mormon

They added some of it....in the last part (check link) laugh.gif I guess they want to get older folks excited about a mission by mentioning the beach and related activities in an island.

13th Sep, 2008 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Are Couples under the same restriction about entering the sea as the regular full-time missionaries?

Serving A Mission In Grenada Can Be Fun! (Hover)

14th Sep, 2008 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Not sure, but I have seen pics of senior couples in rivers (not crossing but refreshing themselves) so I am assuming they may not share the same rule as regular missionaries.

> TOPIC: Serving A Mission In Grenada Can Be Fun!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,