Troy Anthony Davis

Troy Anthony Davis - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th May, 2009 - 11:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

Death Row: Innocent or Guilty?
Post Date: 4th Oct, 2007 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Troy Anthony Davis

Sister of Georgia Death Row Prisoner Troy Anthony Davis Leads Campaign to Save His Life

Martina Correia joins us to talk about the case of her brother, Troy Anthony Davis. Davis has been on death row since 1991 for a murder he says he did not commit. With no physical or DNA evidence or a murder weapon, the prosecutor¹s case rested entirely on eyewitness testimony. But seven of the nine non-police witnesses said they were coerced by police and have since recanted their testimony. Nine witnesses have also implicated another man in the murder. Georgia¹s Supreme Court will hear arguments next month on whether Davis should get a new trial.
Ref. Source 1

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2008 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

Davis Anthony Troy

"Race Is Everything in this Case": Rep. John Lewis Urges State of Georgia to Spare Life of Troy Davis Hours Before His Scheduled Execution

Death row prisoner Troy Davis is scheduled to be executed tonight at 7:00 p.m. despite widespread concern Davis is an innocent man. In 1991, Davis was convicted for murdering a white police officer. Since then, seven of the nine non-police witnesses have recanted their testimony. There is no direct physical evidence tying Davis to the crime scene. We speak to Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) and Troy's sister, Martina Correia.
Ref. Source 2

24th Sep, 2008 - 7:54am / Post ID: #

Troy Anthony Davis History & Civil Business Politics

UPDATE: Read this thread and was interested to see what happened. I found this and thought I would share it:

U.S. Supreme Court stays Georgia execution

JACKSON, Georgia (CNN)  -- The U.S. Supreme Court granted a last-minute reprieve to a Georgia man fewer than two hours before he was to be executed for the 1989 slaying of an off-duty police officer.
Troy Anthony Davis, 39, has his execution stayed by the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday.

Troy Anthony Davis learned that his execution had been stayed when he saw it on television, he told CNN via telephone in his first interview after the stay was announced.

He said he was "thankful to God" for the news that came during an emergency session the U.S. Supreme Court convened.

The Georgia Supreme Court turned down the plea for a stay in Davis' execution Monday, saying the U.S. Supreme Court "properly has jurisdiction over Davis' pending petition."

Source:
Source 3

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2008 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

Troy Anthony Davis
A Friend

Davis Anthony Troy

That is all interesting. I wonder why the other two did not change their testimony? I thin a lot of this is pressure from others to get people to recant their testimony. Two people have yet to change or recant. I wonder where they all were located at at the time of the shooting? I wonder if the two who have not recanted were the closest to the shooting.

24th Sep, 2008 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Davis Anthony Troy

I was relieved when they announced he had been granted a stay. Whether he is guilty or innocent, there is reasonable doubt established in my mind. To execute him without re-examining the evidence would have been a terrible thing. Now if he does end up being executed after all at least they will have taken every precaution to make sure they are not killing an innocent man.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2008 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

Troy Anthony Davis

Lawyers Planning Last-Minute Challenges as Time Running Out for Troy Anthony Davis

Georgia death row prisoner Troy Anthony Davis is scheduled to be executed Monday night. Earlier this month, the Supreme Court refused to hear Davis's appeal to have a jury hear new evidence that he says could prove his innocence. Lawyers have asked the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals to stay his execution and allow them to file a new federal lawsuit based on innocence claims. We speak to Ezekiel Edwards of the Innocence Project and Laura Moye of Amnesty International USA.
Ref. Source 8

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Oct, 2008 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Troy Anthony Davis
A Friend

Troy Anthony Davis

I think if there was enough evidence to convict him in the first place then he should be executed. There has been a long enough time now for a reexamination of the evidence. The fact that two witnesses have not recanted I believe may prove to be key especially if they were the closest witnesses to the slaying. I guess we will have to wait and see now.

Post Date: 19th May, 2009 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Troy Anthony Davis Politics Business Civil & History

Global Day of Action Held to Demand New Trial for Death Row Prisoner Troy Davis

Events are being held across the country today to demand a new trial for the Georgia death row prisoner Troy Anthony Davis. Davis, an African American, was convicted for the 1989 killing of a white police officer. Since the trial, seven of the nine non-police witnesses have recanted their testimony. There is also no direct physical evidence tying Davis to the crime scene. A thirty-day stay of execution expired on Saturday, following last month's decision by a federal appeals court to reject a new trial for Davis. Ref. Source 4

Troy Anthony Davis
Troy Anthony Davis (Hover)

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Troy Anthony Davis

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,