Pricesmart Trinidad - Page 7 of 16

Name: Deanne Country: Comments: Not impress - Page 7 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 22nd Feb, 2011 - 8:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (16) »
Pricesmart Trinidad
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2010 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad - Page 7

Name: Ellerros

Comments: I agree with your comment as I experienced the same thing from a manager [..]. My sister and I reside at the same place and she asked me to get her a scientific calculator at Pricemart and gave me her card. I picked up the calculator as well as a cake for the house. Imagine they refused to sell me the item because I was not the registered owner of the card.I showed the manager my drivers permit in order that she understood that it is really my sisters card as we share the same last name and address. She could have easily checked the system to verify the address.I said to the manager is it that you all are refusing money? To which she responded yes. Imagine my items cost about $100.00, If 10 customers like myself is turned away each month that is $1000.00 in lost revenue in one year that is $12,000.

Does it make sense for members of the same household to each have a Pricemart card. Ridiculous

Anyway, someone offered to use their card for me to make my purchase I politely declined and left the items.

The thing is rules cannot be followed without the use of common sense and some degree of reasonableness because it could result in absurdity, which was the case here.

Oh did I mention that talking to that manager was like speaking to a block of wood.

Sponsored Links:
10th Nov, 2010 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Pricesmart

Now I am sure I said this here already but to the person who could not use his sister's card. Why should they allow you to use your sister's card? Can you use her credit card? When she signed up for the card it clearly states that she is the only person authorized to use it. What in that don't we understand? I am always amazed at how we like to break the rules to suit us but frown when other people break them. This has nothing to do with common sense or anything like that. It was only common sense because it was convenient to you, it wasn't to Pricesmart.
Now to the person who wanted to park in the handicap parking space. Again I am amazed at how unreasonable you are being. Why must you be allowed to park in the handicap section when you are not? Must a man be allowed to run into the ladies toilet because he is in a hurry? I also noticed you called it the special parking, that was just to justify you parking there. It is parking for handicap people. Now I always say that you should accept rudeness from anyone, be it manager or security guard but we must place ourselves in their shoes for a moment and listen to ourselves to what we are trying to get away with and expect people to turn a blind eye.
I know I will probably say this another time again but until then, people please think a little before condemning, we may realise that it may not be their fault but really us who is being unreasonable.

Reconcile Edited: lordryoko on 10th Nov, 2010 - 2:22am

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2010 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Mashi

Comments: I think they need a better return policy. When something is NOT as advertised then I shouldn't be stuck with it. If I take it back I should be issued a refund immediately and not scrutinized as though I'm trying something. I've been shopping there for years and it is the first time I opened a product and it really wasn't as was described on the box.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2010 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Trinidad Pricesmart

Name: Sharry

Comments: Pricesmart is a great opportunity for Trinidad as it gave us another choice to choose from. However, their customer service has deteriorated with the 8 years of existence. Especially in the Mausica branch! You have to ask for a sample and the employees fuss to give it but when it is taken to the Manager, they themselves do nothing!

Post Date: 19th Jan, 2011 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Pricesmart

Name: David

Comments: I will be on vacation in Trinidad soon and I plan to shop at Pricemart because most of my relatives have a membership.
I would like to sponsor the food for the household while I am there. Could I pay with my credit card for their groceries if I go with them. This will be a nice thank you gift for accommodating me. Let me know soon as I am planning to ship a barrel before I get there.

19th Jan, 2011 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad

To Mashi, yes I must agree that the return policy has taken a down turn. It use to be that if you were not satisfied with the product, you could have return it without any fuss. People have told me that the policy has changed and they only allow returns in unopened packages, which to me makes no sense whatsoever. If you return something and the package is opened, they will try to repair it, otherwise you are in tough luck. I can't agree to this and it is a pity because it was one of the main reasons I shopped there. I will still continue to shop there but I guess I won't be able to be as relaxed as I was before.

To Sharry, I must agree with you too. Their customer service has declined over the years too. It is a pity that this is happening because it was also one of the main reasons for shopping there as well as what I explained above. Maybe PriceSmart may need to bring back their workers to reintroduce our local workers on how it is done. You know of course that will bring about fire and brimstone from our local community on their policy of hiring people.

I must admit though that my shopping at PriceSmart is still much better than a lot of other places here and as Sharry said, it gives me the option of choice, I can always refuse to buy it and buy elsewhere.

To David, yes you can use your credit card to shop there even if your relatives are the PriceSmart card holders. I do it all the time with my mom. I would use my card to enter and at the cashier, then she would use her card to pay for the items. I did this just last week so I know that policy hasn't change...well not yet, let's hope that doesn't change.

Reconcile Edited: lordryoko on 19th Jan, 2011 - 2:25am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jan, 2011 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad - Page 7

You all are really dedicated to Pricemart, I don't see what the big deal is really. They are just here to make a profit and so long as you keep buying they will keep on giving you the same shoddy service. I did a search and this thread is the only real place anyone can get info on Pricemart in Trinidad. Even the Pricemart official site directions for locals Source 7 is in Spanish rolleyes.gif

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2011 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 7

Name: Deanne

Comments: Not impress with them at all ,I think they are [robbing] us. Trinidadian[s] are still paying the price of a brand NEW card and getting the same card when you go to renew your membership and we have to buy their BAGS I don't like THEM who? PRICESMART!

> TOPIC: Pricesmart Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,