Pricesmart Trinidad - Page 10 of 16

Name: Jiselle Country: Title: Miss Comments: - Page 10 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 26th Aug, 2011 - 12:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (16) »
Pricesmart Trinidad
Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2011 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad
A Friend

Pricesmart Trinidad - Page 10

At the beginning both my wife and I had membership cards(diamond). After the first year I gave up mine. I am really disappointed with their service plus over the years their quality has drop tremendously while their prices continue to rise. I honestly thought they would be the local COSCO's. My wife continues to buy the meat and pet food....I would not recommend buying electronics from them. One month guarantee / warranty just does not cut it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2011 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Pricesmart

Name: Lulu

Comments: I too have been a shopper from the moment they set up shop here in Trinidad. The D'abadie location is where I shop now. My issues with them are as follows:

1. Prices - no longer competitive - last year I packed a barrel in the US,one of the items {seasoning} sold for $5.29. Last month when I visited Pricesmart the same brand/weight was sold for $66.?, this I could not comprehend. Sunday Basket will be arriving in the area soon and may well provide what customers are looking for.

2. No bags - going green - Even in the US where there is much more awareness about going green, Supermarkets gives bags; some places paper bags.

3. Recently looking for a Microwave, there was none in stock; certainly none in D'abadie or Chaguanas. Amazing!

4. Trying to get through to any of the branches via telephone is frustrating - no one ever answers. You are encouraged to leave messages in the mailbox; you do, yet no one ever returns the call.

5. What is Pricesmart corporate responsibilities to the people of the districts in which they operate e.g. What contribution have they made to say Maloney Gardens; a housing community close to the D'abadie branch.

6. Having read many reviews; most not favourable to Pricesmart at this time, are there plans to up the brand?

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2011 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Rushian

Title: Tobago own

Comments: It is not bad at all but I am from Tobago and I feel a branch at Tobago will be just right we in Tobago will love to buy whole sale goods without having to travel to Trinidad.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2011 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Trinidad Pricesmart

Name: Nicky

Title: Goods

Comments: I thought PriceSmart would have oranges and Nori tofu, otherwise its well-stocked and I do shop there.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2011 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Pricesmart

Name: Browneyes

Comments: When Pricesmart just came to Trinidad you could have gone there with at least $2,500 and come out with at least 2-3 trolleys of groceries, but now their prices have gone up too much you could hardly get the value for your money that you could have when they just got here. Their prices are way to expensive now and you can't even get bags for your groceries come on there are biodegradable bags selling you can more than afford to give your customers bags after spending hundreds or maybe thousands. Stop being ridiculous and try your best to lower the prices poor people have to eat too.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2011 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad

Name: Thirdworld

Title: Prices

Comments: I visited Pricemart recently and observed that almost all f the items increased in prices while world prices seem to be stable.

If we are paying to shop and to get preferential prices should that be maintained?

I am afraid that we are getting ripped of because all Pricemart wants is their margins so long that is affected up goes prices.

We as THIRDWORD PEOPLE take it and says nothing think about the PLANTATION SOCIETY

IF PRICEMART push up prices in USA which is not justified PEOPLE WILL NOT BUY and they will be forced to act fairly.

However in good old T&T will do nothing.

IF prices increase we as customer should know why we are paying more in some cases 10% more because we are paying a fee to shop with an implied term that the prices will be kept low because we are paying.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2011 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad
A Friend

Pricesmart Trinidad - Page 10

I agree, I have seen some prices go up, or worse yet, prices stay the same while the content of the item goes down. I used to buy Pampers size 3, and get a box of 204 for under $190. Now I can get 174 for the same price! The generic brand they sell is now the cheaper option, although the quality of them is very poor.
Also, I went there to buy an external hard drive for our family, and they were sold out of the 1T, so I purchased a 750 GB for the same price because the manager had said they would NOT be getting any of that brand's 1T anymore, and the other brand of 1T cost $200 more. Well, guess what was on the shelves 6 weeks later? Yep, the drive I wanted to buy, but now it was way too late to return my other one to exchange it.
Pricesmart isn't all bad though, their meats, cheeses, infant formulas, etc. Are definitely worth the cost of the membership in the long run.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2011 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 10

Name: Jiselle

Title: Miss

Comments: I think Pricesmart at Movie Towne in Port of Spain area think they are really smart as there name says. First to begin they want you to pay for a membership card to keep out a certain crowd of people the discounts are next to nothing because if you divide the price of the item in bulk to the retail price it is like the same price you paying. I do not know why they want people to have a membership card when you still spending your money is not like you getting free groceries so something. I do not agree with spending $150.00 for a card that does nothing for me and on top of that I have to renew payment every year. This is like you are paying for the so called discounts they claim to have.
Secondly, since this greener way campaign they do not offer bags but when exiting and entering the supermarket they have people selling bags, does that make sense? I do not think so
They need to rethink things. Also I had experience of racial ism one time I visited. One of the clerks by the door asked me to see a card when just two seconds ago the mister in front of me who was a white man who she didn't even ask a question she just tell him to go in, but interrogating me. I was not please and decided not to go back. She was my same ethnicity but treating me so. I do not know if she thought I had no money to spend but it was rude and disrespectful of her.

> TOPIC: Pricesmart Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,