A Great Catastrophe Is Coming - Page 2 of 2

I wouldn't be surprised if he gave - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Jul, 2012 - 8:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Elder Boyd K. Packer
2nd Nov, 2008 - 6:12am / Post ID: #

A Great Catastrophe Is Coming - Page 2

I promise you it won't always seem boring! At least not all of it, the statistics is a time I can nap without guilt--I just have to remember to wake up again when the talks start!

Rather off topic, but...
Your kind of witty yourself! and cool *smile*

I know what you mean about the sensationalism idea. Human nature I think!

Sponsored Links:
24th Nov, 2010 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Coming Catastrophe Great A

Sometimes we hear by chance of words like "catastrophe", "destruction", "famine" and so forth coming soon. We are told to prepare. I often wonder though... Is this message to the ones enjoying life on cruise ships? I say this because it seems to me that a larger number in the world are already in a state of emergency and currently in the cycle of catastrophe. In deed there are those who also may seem OK but live days of torture and abuse. I think those actually wish for some bigger catastrophe to come and end it all.

24th Dec, 2010 - 5:51am / Post ID: #

A Great Catastrophe Is Coming Studies Doctrine Mormon

Catastrophes and destruction are happening with more and more frequency, and have been since before people started recording them. I don't think that's news, it's a given and has been restated over and over since the beginning of time in the scriptures and in modern revelation.

What is more fascinating to me is how many times we have been warned and do nothing. So many people say, "Oh, they just talked about food storage again at church today - boring!" Well? Do you have any food storage? Have you been warned that you need it? Do you have enough in the event of a catastrophe?

Whether or not Pres. Packer said those words in that meeting on that day is irrelevant. The message has been at the forefront of church talks for decades. We need to get ready, if we aren't already, and I know I'm not. I have water storage and info about survival techniques, but no substantial food storage. It's something my family definitely needs to work on.

7th Jan, 2011 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Coming Catastrophe Great A

I think most people fall short in the preparation aspect. However, I know there are people who have 2 years of food and water storage as well as other things. The thing is if a big catastrophe would hit, I believe that it would probably mean that you would have to move to another location so how do you deal with the food and water issue?

13th Jan, 2011 - 9:03am / Post ID: #

Coming Catastrophe Great A

That would be the sad part: You have all the storage, you're so prepared and confident, and then something like what's happening in Australia occurs - everything is wiped out and washed away without warning. You're at the mercy of either the government or the church, unless you have a backup Plan B to go to a relative's or, as some people do have, a second place to go with more supplies stored. There just isn't any way to prepare for every situation.

13th Jan, 2011 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

A Great Catastrophe Is Coming

Ideally, if you can afford it, you're supposed to have multiple areas of storage. Placing emergency items in one area is like placing eggs in one basket. Safe houses in various locations: miles away, above ground and so forth is the way to go, but the maintenance and cost for something not happening now is hard to pay for when you are not 'seeing' the need.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jul, 2012 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

A Great Catastrophe Coming - Page 2

I wouldn't be surprised if he gave this talk because their modes of public speaking differ depending on who they talk too but also their opinions come into play as well.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: A Great Catastrophe Is Coming

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,