Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move - Page 4 of 91

Rhieland, it would be a nice gesture for Obama - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Nov, 2008 - 4:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (91) »

Now that he is President of the United States of America what can we see coming from Pres. Barack Obama?
7th Nov, 2008 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move - Page 4

Obama is not wasting any time. He launched a web site for the transition and hopes to get feedback from the people.

Source 3

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
7th Nov, 2008 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

Move Obamas Barack Pres

I will be looking at how this 'change' helps me as an individual. Change is sometimes welcomed, but what we really need to do is just stand by the good standards our fore fathers left us to follow. We do not need a revolution we need a return, a return to the constitution.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

7th Nov, 2008 - 7:29am / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move History & Civil Business Politics

I read a thoughtful article saying how we may have changed Presidents, but we haven't changed Paradigms -- in other words, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

The fact that Obama was taking donations from the same major contributors that donated to McCain (and Clinton, and Romney, and ... whoever else was in that mix in the primaries) tells us that he's no different from any other politician. He may have a different manner of approaching problems and that's probably a good thing, but he's still a "good ole boy" career politician looking out for his own interests.

The world is still the same today as it was yesterday, we still have an economic crisis, several war fronts, etc etc etc. How Obama handles these things going forward will speak for him.

Now. Having said all that. I do believe that Obama is very much aware that he has made history. I believe that he's going to be very careful about what he does, because literally *everything* he does will be watched very closely and scrutinized and analyzed to death. Every move he makes will make history. Let's hope and pray that it's not disastrous.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

7th Nov, 2008 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Move Obamas Barack Pres

The scrutiny might be the biggest reason he will not make huge waves also. I do agree same backing powers will result in similar results on the political front. I pray he returns as debate said to the constitution and some of the basics the country was founded on to improve it.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2008 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move
A Friend

Move Obamas Barack Pres

That is what I am fearful of. I think he does not want to go back to what our fore fathers set forth for this country. I think he wants to change the USA into his idea of what we need to be. I think change is coming down the road and just how much change it is we will have to wait and see.

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2008 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Obama News Conference

Obama Holds First News Conference as President-Elect; Says He Will Take Financial Crisis 'Head On,' Act Swiftly After Taking Office [2:59 p.m. ET]
Ref. ABC News

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Nov, 2008 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Pres. Barack Obama's Move - Page 4

Well, I can honestly say, after reading his agenda. His intentions seem well thought out, and his Ideas are very clear. There are just some parts that make him seem inexperienced. Also I've never seen this before:

Deploy Next-Generation Broadband: Barack Obama and Joe Biden believe we can get broadband to every community in America through a combination of reform of the Universal Service Fund, better use of the nation's wireless spectrum, promotion of next-generation facilities, technologies and applications, and new tax and loan incentives.

I can kind of see how that helps... but not really... I guess having the internet available to everyone's finger tips can benefit. Don't know how that will help the economy though.

His views on ending the war in Iraq, well it seems well thought-out. IT actually sounds very plausible actually.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Obama should take McCain as a cabinet member? I mean, we could all tell he was crushed at his concession Speech. And, after serving the country for as long as he did, wouldn't it be kind of just a little piece of respect? Besides, as a cabinet member, you can usually get things done without much opposition, since there isn't many checks and balances in place for Executive Heads. But they can usually only follow through with what they are in charge with.

8th Nov, 2008 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Move Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Rhieland, it would be a nice gesture for Obama to appoint McCain to a cabinet post.. ..however, usually, the Democrats don't appoint Republicans to any kind of office, let alone something as important as a cabinet post. That's going beyond a "nice gesture" - maybe he could send McCain a fruit basket.

Any "wanna be" presidents generally fade into the wallpaper after they lose. I don't see any important position for McCain after this, and doubt he will win re-election for his Senate seat next time out.

I have been reading about Obama's choice for White House Chief of Staff, Rahm Emmanuel. This guy is one hot ticket. Here is an article from GQ magazine from just after the Democratic sweep of seats back in 2006 (Remember that? Where they all promised big changes and getting us out of Iraq? And ... nothing happened?). You will find this very, very interesting. It's very long, but most informative about Mr. Emmanuel -- and the so-called democratic process in America: Kiss The Ring

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (91) »

> TOPIC: Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,