Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move - Page 6 of 91

Obama 'to rebuild moral stature' - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Nov, 2008 - 1:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 91 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (91) »

Now that he is President of the United States of America what can we see coming from Pres. Barack Obama?
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2008 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move
A Friend

Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move - Page 6

I have a the feeling that the democrats who now control most of washington are going to get their ideas passed on the the american people. The house and senate will pass the bills and they will have Obama sign them. The real change that is coming along in my opinion are not coming from Obama but the representatives we put in power.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2008 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Move Obamas Barack Pres

Beware The Obama Hype

What "Change" In America Really Means
By John Pilger

He says he wants to build up US military power; and he threatens to ignite a new war in Pakistan, killing yet more brown-skinned people. That will bring tears, too. Unlike those on election night, these other tears will be unseen in Chicago and London.
Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2008 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move History & Civil Business Politics

Possible Barack Obama Supreme Court Nominee Harold Koh Backs Abortion

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- When the time comes for Barack Obama to make his first selection for the Supreme Court, Harold Hongju Koh, the dean of Yale Law School, is one of the people on his short list. A Koh nomination would be a severe blow to the pro-life movement as he would assuredly vote to uphold Roe v. Wade. During the campaign, so-called pro-life Catholic attorney Douglas Kmiec said Obama would want pro-abortion judges in the mold of Stephen Breyer and David Souter and mentioned Koh as a possible nominee. But Piero A. Tozzi, of the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute, points out in a recent edition of the group's Friday Fax publication that Koh is strongly pro-abortion. Tozzi worries that Koh, as a Supreme Court justice, would use a new standard beyond the so-called privacy basis to justify keeping Roe and its ruling that unlimited abortions should be legal throughout pregnancy for any reason. "A Koh nomination would revive debate over the importation of 'transnational' social norms on contentious issues like abortion," Tozzi writes. Tozzi notes that Koh's academic writings have redefined sovereignty as "a nation's capacity to participate in international affairs," and have blurred any distinctive national identity.
Ref. Source 9

13th Nov, 2008 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Move Obamas Barack Pres

I was reading a local paper tonight, and was surprised to read that Barack Obama is watching very closely how the voting for a ring road motorway toll goes in Manchester.
The idea is to bring in peak time, week day charges and then plough some of the money back in to public transport.
Apparently, the motorway charge was drawn up by an American, and Barack has asked to see these plans *allegedly*.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

14th Nov, 2008 - 5:43am / Post ID: #

Move Obamas Barack Pres

CHICAGO - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is among the candidates that President-elect Barack Obama is considering for secretary of state, according to two Democratic officials in close contact with the Obama transition team.

Clinton, the former first lady who pushed Obama hard for the Democratic presidential nomination, was rumored to be a contender for the job last week, but the talk died down as party activists questioned whether she was best-suited to be the nation's top diplomat in an Obama administration.

The talk resumed in Washington and elsewhere Thursday, a day after Obama named several former aides to President Bill Clinton to help run his transition effort.

The two Democratic officials who spoke Thursday did so on the condition of anonymity to avoid angering Obama and his staff. Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines referred questions to the Obama transition team, which said it had no comment.

Source 3

Can you feature that? I'm not so sure that would fly with diplomatic relations.

I knew that "secret" meeting months ago between Hillary and Barack had to include a concession of some sort. But SoS?!? That's huge.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2008 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Secretary of State is a big role. I know the secret meeting was about something big too but I am not sure she is right for this position. I am not sure of how well liked she is with foreign diplomats and leaders. IF she is going to get this position then we know more change is coming.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Nov, 2008 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Move - Page 6

That is very interesting DianC as if such a road is built and it ends up providing a good return many countries I am betting will sit up and take notice. I like that Obama is interested in it as it shows he is open to new ideas and is willing to try and find viable ways to improve his own country.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2008 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Move Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Obama 'to rebuild moral stature'

US President-elect Barack Obama vows to rebuild his country's "moral stature" in his first TV interview since the election.
Ref. Source 9

> TOPIC: Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,