Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move - Page 12 of 91

Obama to review last-minute rules pushed by - Page 12 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Jan, 2009 - 10:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 91 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (91) »

Now that he is President of the United States of America what can we see coming from Pres. Barack Obama?
Post Date: 19th Jan, 2009 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move - Page 12

Obama tells rally of hope for US

Barack Obama tells hundreds of thousands of supporters at a pre-inauguration rally that "anything is possible in America".
Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
19th Jan, 2009 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

Move Obamas Barack Pres

Well, here's the thing: Every president has got some things right and some things wrong. The same situation will happen with Obama, in my opinion.

The tightrope is *which things* will be right or wrong. We may not know until decades from now what Obama's real legacy will be.

What can we do about it? Hope for the best, pray, write to congress. Fill out the form on Obama's website for change. Make our voices heard somehow.

Right now, all we can do is watch it unfold.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 19th Jan, 2009 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move History & Civil Business Politics

Back to What Obama Must Do
By: Paul Krugman

This month we celebrate your arrival in the White House; at a time of great national crisis, you bring the hope of a better future. It's now up to you to deliver on that hope. By enacting a recovery plan even bolder and more comprehensive than the New Deal, you can not only turn the economy around - you can put America on a path toward greater equality for generations to come.
Ref. Source 8

19th Jan, 2009 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

Page 12 Move Obamas Barack Pres

Barack Obama is a man of mixed ethnicity. He is half black, half white. I don't think it matters what the colour of his skin actually is. The guy appears to be well educated and I am sure will try to represent everyone's interests, particularly those people who form the basis of Democratic party.

One thing I hope he doesn't do is try to do what he thinks will be popular rather than what he believes is right. He has made some rather interesting choices, such as Hillary Clinton, which I think will be a mistake.

Let's hope I am wrong and Barack leads America into a memorable chapter in its history. After the past 8 years the world needs a good America.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2009 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Move Obamas Barack Pres

Barack Obama as the 44th president

The inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th president of the United States is under way.
Ref. CNN

20th Jan, 2009 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move

Since I homeschool, I am taking the opportunity to watch the inauguration with my son and explains to him the transition of power. Obama seems relaxed but I can see he is a little nervous. His daughters are very cute and overall everything is going as expected.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2009 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Move - Page 12

Obama Officials Confirm He Will Fund Foreign Abortions Starting Wednesday

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Officials with the incoming administration of Barack Obama have confirmed that he will indeed overturn a pro-life policy of President Bush on his first day in office. Despite campaigning on the rhetoric of wanting to reduce abortions, Obama will make one of his first actions promoting them globally. Meanwhile, some 77 members of Congress have signed onto a letter asking Obama to back down from doing so. President Bush used an executive order on his first day in office to reinstitute a pro-life policy that prevents forcing taxpayers to fund international groups that perform or promote abortions in other countries. While U.S. Law prohibits funding abortions directly, Bush's Mexico City Policy expands the law by also prohibiting the funding of pro-abortion groups that either do abortions overseas or lobby pro-life governments to sacrifice their abortion limits. During the presidential election, pro-life groups issued a clarion call to voters telling them their tax money would be used if Obama were elected and saying he would likely reverse the Mexico City Policy immediately after taking office.
Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2009 - 10:42am / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Move Politics Business Civil & History - Page 12

Obama to review last-minute rules pushed by Bush
Tool often used by new president to delay approval

WASHINGTON - One of President Barack Obama's first acts yesterday was to put the brakes on pending regulations the Bush administration tried to push through in its waning days.

The order went out shortly after Obama was inaugurated president, in a memorandum signed by Rahm Emanuel, the new White House chief of staff.

"This afternoon, White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel signed a memorandum sent to all agencies and departments to stop all pending regulations until a legal and policy review can be conducted by the Obama administration," the White House said in the statement.
Ref. Source 7

> TOPIC: Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,