Wap / Mobile Viewing

Wap / Mobile Viewing - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 16th Oct, 2012 - 5:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »
Opera Mini Viewing For those who view International Discussions mostly on their mobiles (iPhone, Blackberry, Opera Mini, Android) please give your feedback here about the new International Discussions Mobile Skin.
8th Nov, 2008 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing

WAP / Mobile Viewing

I notice a lot of Members are accessing our Community via WAP / Mobile viewers. Do you think we should make it so that you can see the Community, Post and Participate via your Mobile? If you think this is something we should invest our time in establishing then post your replies here.

Sponsored Links:
10th Dec, 2008 - 8:09am / Post ID: #

Viewing Mobile Wap

Perhaps someday I will get there but for now I don't really use my phone for internet access. I am connected at work and home. Any place else I am usually otherwise occupied.

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2008 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing
A Friend

Wap / Mobile Viewing Feedback & FAQ News Community

I access the internet on my cell phone here and there but I do not make it a normal habit. I doubt that I would be accessing this forum via my cell phone anytime soon. I am sure that if I need to I would be able to.

10th Apr, 2012 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

Viewing Mobile Wap

New Look Mobile Skin

If you are using a Mobile Phone and have a difficult time navigating / reading our Community then you will be happy to see the new Mobile Skin that has been specifically designed for Mobile users. Do note... You will only be able to Post as a Guest there. I do not use Mobile devices with internet access so feedback is welcome, especially if you are descriptive.

10th Sep, 2012 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Viewing Mobile Wap

Mobile Viewing Updates

Only recently I have been able to see what it is like to view our site using a mobile phone or other mobile browser. The intense design and options may make it difficult to scroll for some. To overcome this we previously had the mobile version of this site but the link to it just took you to the Main Index. To overcome this I have added a script that checks the page you tried to view and then shows you the Mobile version of it rather than taking you to the Main Index. This of course relies on a referrer condition that you should allow for our sites in your browser, most mobile browsers have this enabled by default.

Additionally I have added pseudo avatars there to make reading the content more enjoyable. Attachments have been included with a maximum width for mobiles so nothing should be bigger than your screen.

The only thing that I am concerned about is the ability to post comments as a guest. I notice that with Wifi there maybe breaks in the connection which makes the security question in correct. I may look at this further.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2012 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing
A Friend

Wap / Mobile Viewing

I use my iphone as often as I use my PC, maybe more. I definately think there should be an app for this site that works better than the browser on iphone. The full sight scrolls slowly and the pages don't load well and the bottom bar thing often prevents scrolling, esp in 'landscape' postion. It's a pain but I don't have wifi at my apartment right now so the only way to be on this site is on iphone via 3G. Besides, smart phone and tablet apps are the future and the future is already upon us!
I would especially like to be able to post from my iphone without using the full site.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Oct, 2012 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing

I can appreciate that. Does the Mobile Version work well for you: Source 4 - if so I plan to come up with a way for Members to post via that method while logged in but have not reached there yet. Do you have the option to use a different browser on your iPhone such as Firefox?

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2012 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing
A Friend

Wap / Mobile Viewing Community News FAQ & Feedback

I know I can use either Bing or Google. Is that the same thing? The results are the same wither way. From the firefox site it seems like that is only supported on Android devices and I have iphone.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Wap / Mobile Viewing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,