Wap / Mobile Viewing - Page 10 of 14

Did you install it on your phone or you used - Page 10 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 9th May, 2013 - 4:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Opera Mini Viewing For those who view International Discussions mostly on their mobiles (iPhone, Blackberry, Opera Mini, Android) please give your feedback here about the new International Discussions Mobile Skin.
6th May, 2013 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing - Page 10

Thanks again. My main interest is that it functions well for Mobile Users but also that it acts as a 'sneak peek' to the Full or Executive versions of the site. Someone viewing it on PC may see the Mobile version as being 'run of the mill' and not see the difference the site makes with the more enhanced Skin.

Sponsored Links:
7th May, 2013 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Viewing Mobile Wap

An issue that I'm experiencing while using the Mobile Skin is a curious behavior whenever I submit a post. I'm used to post using the Fast Reply, mainly because my internet is quite slow when I'm on my laptop and doing so I don't need to load an additional page. Whenever I try it with my phone, instead of adding the post to the page the site loads the normal Reply page keeping my text in the proper field.
If I press the Add Reply a second time, it will open the Preview.

The only way to break this loop is to reload again the thread to which I want to reply, having copied my text, and use the normal reply page right away. This way the post will be submitted.

This thing is not limited to the Fast Reply. If I try to post since the beginning using the standard Reply page, it will just open the Preview page forcing me to use the procedure that I described above. I encountered a similar issue when first using this phone whith the Default Skin but was not happening anymore. Can it be because Opera Mini uses a proxy?

7th May, 2013 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing Feedback & FAQ News Community

international QUOTE
Can it be because Opera Mini uses a proxy?

It is possible, the whole proxy thing is a throw off because sometimes proxies fluctuate between IPs and ports.

You are only now experiencing this? By the way I am using the Fast Reply in the Mobile Skin to respond to this but using a PC.

Also, do you have any limitations on Javascript? This can also be a factor because there is some code to prevent double posting.

7th May, 2013 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Viewing Mobile Wap

No problems too when using the Mobile Skin from a PC. I have no idea which limitations are there for Javascripts, Opera Mini doesn't allow advanced options to be setted up: is very different from a standard PC browser, is more like a cooked up package. You have no control over things like cookies management or the like.

I will try to use the default phone browser and let you know if the problem is still there.

7th May, 2013 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Viewing Mobile Wap

When you say you are using Opera Mini do you mean it is installed on your phone or the version that is usable on their website that allows you to view sites through their proxy?

8th May, 2013 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing

Is installed on my phone but goes through a server proxy anyway. Anytime I request a page, the server loads it first, compresses and filters some content and only then it sends it to my phone. All the mini browsers work in this way. Is a good thing because the server not only compresses the data dramatically, reducing the amount of data exchanged even by 50% sometimes (and therefore is cheaper), but also filters harmful content like some cookies and spyware. You will hardly get trojans or viruses with a mini browser. The drawback is the proxy.

Looks like we guessed right: I'm using the phone's default browser and everything is ok. The problem is the proxy server.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th May, 2013 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing - Page 10

I tested with Opera Mini Dev and was able to create an account and then Post twice, so it is definitely a connection issue on your side.

9th May, 2013 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 10

Did you install it on your phone or you used it through the web page you linked here? If you didn't install it, it will not pass through the proxy server but through the server connected to the Opera website.

I don't think is my connection: using the default browser I don't have any problems posting. In the next days, I will try to download some other mini browser and normal browsers for Android to test if this kind of issue only happens with Opera Mini or repeats itself with other interfaces as well.

+  « First of 14 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

> TOPIC: Wap / Mobile Viewing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,