Wap / Mobile Viewing - Page 2 of 14

Thank you, that proves once again your attention - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 26th Oct, 2012 - 4:16am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 6 46 86 Why Join Help
Support Future Terra II Project
+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »
Opera Mini Viewing For those who view International Discussions mostly on their mobiles (iPhone, Blackberry, Opera Mini, Android) please give your feedback here about the new International Discussions Mobile Skin.
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2012 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,906
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,417.81 FP
Charm: 337

Wap / Mobile Viewing - Page 2

Attached Image QUOTE
I know I can use either Bing or Google.

I'm not sure what this is in Reply to. I am asking if the Mobile version of our Site located here: Source 1 works well for you.

Alternative FREE Browsers for iphone - Please try:

Opera Mini: Source 6
VanillaSurf: Source 8

Please let me know if these help.

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2012 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 432
Avg: 1.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 28.0%
[+] Gain: 465.17 FP
Charm: 28

Viewing Mobile Wap

Thanks to Support for providing this link. I never tried top end mobiles, more similar to pocket computers, so I'll share my experience with traditional handphones. I'll probably have to post twice and this brings us straight to the first subject: the characters per message limit. In my case is set to 1024 but that's fictive since the phone's memory will get overloaded at around 600 and every new digit increases the chances of a crash. I strongly recommend the use of a mini-browser. They rely on a remote server that pre-load any page and modifies and compresses it before sending it back to the phone. It means less data sent and a cut on the payments that can reach 70-80%. I use OperaMini.

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2012 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Wap / Mobile Viewing Feedback & FAQ News Community

Using a mini-browser, you can freely switch between the full and mobile version of this website, since the server will block unnecessary graphics and make the pages less heavy. Just be sure to adjust your settings. Turn the images off and the visual effects on: you will see black-shaped empty boxes where the images should be and thus know the position of the clickable images. Also enable mobile view to avoid having to zoom in and out and scroll left and right while viewing the pages which is very annoying. A note: when logging in, the answer to the security question never corresponds to what you see. You have to try until you guess. Me, I never log out.

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2012 - 9:41am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Page 2 Viewing Mobile Wap

Attached Image QUOTE
A note: when logging in, the answer to the security question never corresponds to what you see.

Thanks for feedback. I notice this seems to be a unique problem with mobiles. I am not sure why that is but I may have to look at putting in a text based question instead or get the images to load differently.

Also: If you can tell me what kind of phone you have and the type of browser you are using that will be helpful. Additionally, you had that security image problem when using the actual Mobile Theme when answering as a guest?

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2012 - 10:13am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Viewing Mobile Wap

If it can help, while trying to log in with my old phone I got once a different kind of security check, maybe an old version. There were several numbers and I've been asked to write in the text box the one colored in blue. It worked fine but I would need to try it a few more times before suggesting it.

Rather off topic, but...
Today is my day off and, if I survive the endless list of 'to-do' that my wife prepared, I will complete my previous post.

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2012 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Wap / Mobile Viewing

I'm using a Motorola SLVR L72. Is not a new phone, the person that gave it to me bought it in 2008, but is a huge progress for me. I'm using Opera Mini 4.4 for java phones. My suggestions should be accurate for any j2me or android device. The problem of Auxarc (sorry if I mispell the name) is that he is using an iphone. I read they have serious compatibility issues (some javascripts for instance) because Apple created a stand-alone OS. That's what people say on the web, I don't have direct experience on this subject. About the security answer: I was talking about the desktop version, the mobile version doesn't allow to log in or reply as a member.

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2012 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Page 2 Wap / Mobile Viewing

On the Registration and Login pages I have removed the image Security question and replaced it with another type of Security check based on a simple math problem which will be changed every now and again. Now you do not have to worry about Login again.

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2012 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Wap / Mobile Viewing - Page 2

Thank you, that proves once again your attention to any aspect of this website. But that was not a major problem, actually staying logged in works just fine. I believe that most of the difficulties that us mobile users are experiencing are phone or browser related. The website itself is "Mobile friendly" already.

Post Date: Sun Sep 23, 2018 - 12:50:11 GMT / Post ID: #

History

We rest Wap / Mobile Viewing to share scoop from the past:
HistoricToday is: 23rd September (GMT), in history on the 23rd of September, 1968 AD the following event happened:
WKZT TV channel 23 in Elizabethtown, KY (PBS) begins broadcasting

Guest please SHARE: "Wap / Mobile Viewing" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »
Sponsored Links:

To go deeper into this Topic ensure to Search unique terms for: Wap / Mobile Viewing
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Wap / Mobile Viewing

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

Country (State) of the Day

East Timor

Country of the day East Timor

Unanswered Threads for East Timor, which is the Country or State of the Day! Bonus FP & Charm for these Topics. See Here. Updated: Every hour.

Highlights

Donald Trump: Donald Trump President of the United States of America - Real Estate mogul, Pageant owner and now nominee for President of the USA? By Skeptic 1 Week Ago Discuss It!
Kissing Up To The Boss In The Workplace: By KNtoran 7th Sep, 2018 - 4:23pm Discuss It!
Crowdfunding For Future Terra II: Future Terra Donations
We need Backers! We have: $269 of $1,500 (We need $3,000 total)
Raising funds for the Future Terra II Science Fiction Text RPG through Donations. This was started in August, 2018.
Our Current Backers:
Daishain - $164
Silencedmind - $45
Anronrosby - $24
Stacia - $12
Mikeyd - $12
Play By Post - $12

By JB 24th Aug, 2018 - 3:03am Discuss It!
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: global warming Global warming has been in and out as the "latest" hot topic for many years. It is, according to modern scientists, the result of man-made industrial pollutants, clearing forested areas, agriculture, etc. But now they are thinking it started way before the Industrial Revolution... By Hunter 19th Aug, 2018 - 5:28pm Discuss It!
Russia vs USA: Russia Tactics versus U.S.A. Vs Russia Russia: 'The Evil Empire'? Are they all that bad or is it just the USA trying to portray Russia as bad because they are a world power with land bigger and a society very different from the USA ideal? By News 8th Aug, 2018 - 10:33pm Discuss It!
Your View On The Nature Of Interests: By News 4th Jul, 2018 - 7:30pm Discuss It!
The Trump Immigration Wall: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By News 2nd Jun, 2018 - 12:21am Discuss It!
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By KNtoran 7th Feb, 2018 - 12:03am Discuss It!
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm Discuss It!
Wide Screen Columns: Best of  Wide Screen Columns Users with wide screen monitors can benefit from more content on every page. By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am Discuss It!
Offensive Trademarks: Best of  Offensive Trademarks By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm Discuss It!

Updated every: 14 minutes