Wap / Mobile Viewing - Page 2 of 14

Thank you, that proves once again your attention - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 26th Oct, 2012 - 4:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »
Opera Mini Viewing For those who view International Discussions mostly on their mobiles (iPhone, Blackberry, Opera Mini, Android) please give your feedback here about the new International Discussions Mobile Skin.
16th Oct, 2012 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing - Page 2

international QUOTE
I know I can use either Bing or Google.

I'm not sure what this is in Reply to. I am asking if the Mobile version of our Site located here: Source 1 works well for you.

Alternative FREE Browsers for iphone - Please try:

Opera Mini: Source 6
VanillaSurf: Source 8

Please let me know if these help.

Sponsored Links:
25th Oct, 2012 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

Viewing Mobile Wap

Thanks to Support for providing this link. I never tried top end mobiles, more similar to pocket computers, so I'll share my experience with traditional handphones. I'll probably have to post twice and this brings us straight to the first subject: the characters per message limit. In my case is set to 1024 but that's fictive since the phone's memory will get overloaded at around 600 and every new digit increases the chances of a crash. I strongly recommend the use of a mini-browser. They rely on a remote server that pre-load any page and modifies and compresses it before sending it back to the phone. It means less data sent and a cut on the payments that can reach 70-80%. I use OperaMini.

25th Oct, 2012 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing Feedback & FAQ News Community

Using a mini-browser, you can freely switch between the full and mobile version of this website, since the server will block unnecessary graphics and make the pages less heavy. Just be sure to adjust your settings. Turn the images off and the visual effects on: you will see black-shaped empty boxes where the images should be and thus know the position of the clickable images. Also enable mobile view to avoid having to zoom in and out and scroll left and right while viewing the pages which is very annoying. A note: when logging in, the answer to the security question never corresponds to what you see. You have to try until you guess. Me, I never log out.

25th Oct, 2012 - 9:41am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Viewing Mobile Wap

international QUOTE
A note: when logging in, the answer to the security question never corresponds to what you see.

Thanks for feedback. I notice this seems to be a unique problem with mobiles. I am not sure why that is but I may have to look at putting in a text based question instead or get the images to load differently.

Also: If you can tell me what kind of phone you have and the type of browser you are using that will be helpful. Additionally, you had that security image problem when using the actual Mobile Theme when answering as a guest?

25th Oct, 2012 - 10:13am / Post ID: #

Viewing Mobile Wap

If it can help, while trying to log in with my old phone I got once a different kind of security check, maybe an old version. There were several numbers and I've been asked to write in the text box the one colored in blue. It worked fine but I would need to try it a few more times before suggesting it.

Rather off topic, but...
Today is my day off and, if I survive the endless list of 'to-do' that my wife prepared, I will complete my previous post.

25th Oct, 2012 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing

I'm using a Motorola SLVR L72. Is not a new phone, the person that gave it to me bought it in 2008, but is a huge progress for me. I'm using Opera Mini 4.4 for java phones. My suggestions should be accurate for any j2me or android device. The problem of Auxarc (sorry if I mispell the name) is that he is using an iphone. I read they have serious compatibility issues (some javascripts for instance) because Apple created a stand-alone OS. That's what people say on the web, I don't have direct experience on this subject. About the security answer: I was talking about the desktop version, the mobile version doesn't allow to log in or reply as a member.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Oct, 2012 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing - Page 2

On the Registration and Login pages I have removed the image Security question and replaced it with another type of Security check based on a simple math problem which will be changed every now and again. Now you do not have to worry about Login again.

26th Oct, 2012 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

Wap / Mobile Viewing Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

Thank you, that proves once again your attention to any aspect of this website. But that was not a major problem, actually staying logged in works just fine. I believe that most of the difficulties that us mobile users are experiencing are phone or browser related. The website itself is "Mobile friendly" already.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Wap / Mobile Viewing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,