Building On Ancient Burial Site

Building Ancient Burial Site - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2009 - 6:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Not Recommended
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2009 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Beach protest over Muzza's holiday homes

Former All Blacks hardman Murray Mexted's plan to build holiday homes on a beach near Mahia near a wetland and ancient burial site has the locals in an uproar. Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
19th Jan, 2009 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Site Burial Ancient Building

Not very smart. Even if you got approval from the building agency you're still looking at those who will attempt to victimize your property or even commit acts of arson.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

19th Jan, 2009 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Building On Ancient Burial Site History & Civil Business Politics

I think this is just a bunch of local yokals getting nastey because some outsider is going to change their little private beach that they have illegally been using the land for. That is parking and likely camping on the two empty lots.

"We feel very strongly about this. We have concerns about the impact on the local unspoiled character, and particularly the loss of vehicle access to the beach," Mrs Fraser said.

Mexted and Mr Williams said a cultural audit did not reveal any sensitive cultural issues. Iwi representatives, however, believe there is an urupa [graveyard] on the seaward side of the site under an existing road, which may be affected by construction of the rock wall.

Mrs Fraser I think is more concerned with unspoiled access to the complete lot and to what was never a public beach to start with.

How can the "graveyard be such a concern when a road is already built over it? Again locals losing a freebie that was never theirs to start with. Plus he has promised public access so stop crying folks.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

20th Jan, 2009 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

I must admit tha I didn't read the page but if that's the case then he could still be in trouble with the locals in the area. When you buy land you are putting a lot of time, effort and of course money so you have to get it right the first time.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

20th Jan, 2009 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Yes you do though it sounds like the locals are crying over spilled milk non there were wise enough to buy the land and now demand rights to it.

Depending on the legal issue on access to open navigational water in their area they have nothing to say. The burial site to me would be a bigger concern as that stuff is always getting overturned in the federal courts. Especially if it is native.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

22nd Jan, 2009 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Well if he cares nothing for the locals its obvious that he is catering for a market that is not within the locality. Sometimes this gets locals updet as well because it changes the area and causes prices to increase. A welcome thing for some who already have real estate, for others who rent or own nothing not so much.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jan, 2009 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Building Ancient Burial Site

Yes artificially enhanced pricing helps no one as far as I ma concerned other then the local municipal tax grabbers. In this case a hand full of homes I really doubt it would be the case.

> TOPIC: Building On Ancient Burial Site

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,