Yuletide Celebrations.

Yuletide Celebrations - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 14th Dec, 2008 - 9:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2008 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Yuletide Celebrations.
A Friend

Yuletide Celebrations.

Is anyone celebrating the traditional festival of Yule this Christmas?
Sorry for the euphemism, Christmas is the Pagan festival of Yule!
Santa Claus is obviously the Green Man of the woods, sent as a spirit of plenty at this time of good cheer. This is when Mabon, the New Sun is born, the original Christ Spirit. I'm not trying to upset Christians, but Christmas is as old as the sun, millennia before the New Testament was agreed on people gathered to celebrate the birth of a new ecliptic for the Earth.

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2008 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Celebrations Yuletide

This is all new to me so I looked it up at wikipedia.

Yule is a winter festival commonly identified with Christmas in modern times,[1] but which originated as a pre-Christian pagan festival celebrated by the Germanic peoples from late December to early January on a date determined by the lunar Germanic calendar.[2] When the Julian calendar was adopted in northern Europe, Yule was placed on December 25, the date of the Roman winter solstice, Bruma,[3] so as to correspond with the Christian Natalis Domini celebrations,[4] later known in English as "Christmas". It is nowadays a religious festival celebrated by many Neopagans.

The word "Yule" comes from the same root as the word "jolly[citation needed]." Modern Yule traditions include decorating a fir or spruce tree, burning a Yule log, hanging mistletoe and holly branches, giving gifts, and general celebration and merriment.

Thanks for that cause now I can show off a little knowledge for the next time I hear Santa Claus come up.

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2008 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Yuletide Celebrations.
A Friend

Yuletide Celebrations. Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I hope you have a good Yule, whether your Santa is wearing Coca-Cola Red or Forest Green.

9th Dec, 2008 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Celebrations Yuletide

Sorry I still stick to the birth thing. I know that this date was chosen and the true birth date is unknown for Christ. I also believe it was chosen because of the other celebrations to give a counter stance for Christians on this day. It matters little if it is the actual date Christ was born as for the christian community it should be about remembrance.

For the rest Happy Yule!

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2008 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Yuletide Celebrations.
A Friend

Celebrations Yuletide

It's not just Yule that influenced the celebrations of Christmas. Celebrations were common around the Winter Solstice by just about every culture as the sun waned, then seemed to stand still, and then be "reborn" becoming "stronger" every day heralding the coming of warmer times and the growing seasons.

Saturnalia was a Roman Festival that the current season owes much of its merrymaking to. Source 4

The Celtic Peoples celebrated the Winter Solstice, evident in the orientation of Newgrange. Source 3 . It is often referred to as Alban Arthan Source 8

There's even direct evidence that some of the Native Americans of the Southwest held a regard for the Winter Solstice. Navajo and Hopi Hogans (traditional eight sided structures) would have their doors oriented to the rising of the sun at Winter Solstice.

The Mayan Calendar is said to end on 12/21/2012, the Winter Solstice.

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2008 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

Yuletide Celebrations.
A Friend

Yuletide Celebrations.

As I said, Nadolig Llawen to you all.
As the Holly King sits on his throne may we share love and mince pies and remember those that have none.
A child is born every year, no matter their creed or colour.
Our inner child is what needs to be nurtured in festive celebration.
Its such a irony that Bethlehem is in a war zone, a focus for peace in a theatre of struggle.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Dec, 2008 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Yuletide Celebrations.

I'll be honest, I really never think much in the actual child birth. I just look forward to some gifts and sharing time with friends. That may be the selfish and dark side of me, maybe one day I will get a visit from the ghosts of Christmases past.

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2008 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

Yuletide Celebrations.
A Friend

Yuletide Celebrations. Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

In these hard times sharing and being together with family and friends is what it is all about. Our giving and receiving of gifts, sharing good food and drink in the depths of winter is a celebration of what is good in life.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Yuletide Celebrations.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,