Egypt Recipes - Page 2 of 2

This was an interesting read. Egypt is pretty - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 2nd Jan, 2009 - 8:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Dishes
2nd Jan, 2009 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Egypt Recipes - Page 2

I appreciate all the explanations. From what I gather the meals and drinks resemble the British style a bit save of course that the meals are being made based on the economy which I can see now why meals do not include much meat.

Is there a lot of Western fast food there like burgers, etc? If so how do the Egyptians react to it?

Rather off topic, but...
I notice you always focus on the healthy aspects of the food, are you a health fanatic?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jan, 2009 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Recipes Egypt

Yes of course there are the western fast food,we have Macdonalds"but I hate it",kentucky chickens ,Italian and American foods are getting much deeper here but mainly new generations like me who would like these foods my mom for example wouldn't eat these things ,but there are some dishes that are very popular and seems to be from foreign origin like"Macarona belbashamil"which is pasta with grinded meat and Bashamil it just sounds for me like Italian or french .
I was talking about other sorts of food because I thought you'd like to know traditional foods that are exclusive in Egypt.

Rather off topic, but...
I admit I am alittle bit obcessive with clean stuff and so..but with food I like to think how is food but I eat terribley I barely touch fruits and vegetables and I am big fan of chicken,cheese,pasta all cooked in the worst ways possible..and it may have to do something thinking about calories and healthy food with the fact I am pharmacist so it's some sort of occupational hazzards wink.gif

2nd Jan, 2009 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Egypt Recipes Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

international QUOTE (Pinkmercury)
I was talking about other sorts of food because I thought you'd like to know traditional foods that are exclusive in Egypt.

Yes, of course I was just trying to understand the whole perspective of the food system of Egypt. What is a simple traditional dish that you can recommend and can also place a recipe here for my wife to prepare for us so we can say we are eating an Egyptian recipe?

2nd Jan, 2009 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Recipes Egypt

Well...I think the Koshari would be the easiest because of the accessable ingredients of it and it's not that hard to make
Molokhia is easy to make but I don't know from where you will get the plant itself.
Mahshi can be done but only certain types because it took me years to learn how to roll cabbage or grapes leaves I suppose your wife could be able to make it by egg plant ,there is another famous type using zucchini but I don't know if you have that plant or not.
for the exact recepies you will have to give me sometime to ask my mother or another person as I am not that good remembering recepies smile.gif

2nd Jan, 2009 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

Recipes Egypt

Isn't Koshari basically lentils, rice and tomato sauce? I am not a fan of peas and rice to be honest. I like pasta a lot but I cannot imagine how it would be like fried. Do you have any Egytian recipes that involve pasta but not fried?

Rather off topic, but...
I dream with going to your country one day Pinkmercury!

2nd Jan, 2009 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

Egypt Recipes

Yes Koshari is what you said +pasta and onions too I said it in details before
About fried pasta I said also it's not the usual pasta you know it's really really fine and small and it's amazing when it gets fried and used with rice,we also use it with soup,after frying cooking makes it elastic like usual pasta again.
About recepies containning pasta there is just the traditional way of it put it in boiling water till it becomes done then strain it and the sauce is just tomato sauce with some butter,salt and black pepper then left to become thick on stove and add the pasta in it ,stir well so that it will become well mixed.
The other recepie containning pasta is mainly pasta with meat and bashamil sauce all in layers in a tray with some cheese on the top and then it goes into oven,but this recepie always sounds like of Italian origin or something,I could get you the exact recepie later if you wish.
Peas by the way is not made as vegetables or main course it's very popular as breakfast or dinner meal"launch is the main meal" it's first put with some water,limon,salt,cumen on very very small fire for hours so that the peas is done then you can save it that way in refrigerator for along time and it's eaten by getting some of it put some more water and on the stove it's heated and you make it burait"smash it down with spoon or fork" put some cumen on the top and oil and you are ready to go cool.gif ,it's eaten with bread and some people like eating onions with it"live onions not cooked by any means"

Rather off topic, but...
whole Egypt will be full of lights the day you come and maybe you can come visit me though I don't know so many places,can you beleive I have never been to Luxour?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jan, 2009 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Egypt Recipes - Page 2

This was an interesting read. Egypt is pretty close to Italy so its easy to see how stewed tomatoes and pasta could easily be part of the diet there.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Egypt Recipes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,