Perfect Checkers Game

Perfect Checkers Game - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 8th Dec, 2008 - 6:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

8th Dec, 2008 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Perfect Checkers Game

A team of Canadian computer science researchers proved that a game of checkers, if played perfectly, will end in a draw-no matter what. This proof is the culmination of 18 years of research and represents "the most complicated game ever 'solved'." In a game of US checkers, there around 5x1020 possible different configurations. Drawing from a database of 39 trillion possible arrangements of 10 or fewer pieces on the board, the researchers found which would lead to a win for red, a win for black, or a draw. They then demonstrated that a specific opening sequence, played perfectly, would invariably lead to a configuration that ended in a draw.

So what do you do in you cold long winters? It is sad that such a feat was accomplished but sadder yet it was nominated as one of the top ten scientific break through for 2007.

Source 6

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2008 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Game Checkers Perfect

I figured that long ago without the research wink.gif. That is why I hardly play checkers and prefer a good game of chess.

* Moving to Board Games *

8th Dec, 2008 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Perfect Checkers Game Reviews RPG & Card Board

But how much did you get paid for figuring it out? I think that is the real breakthrough that I need to understand ad manipulate to my befit in the future.

> TOPIC: Perfect Checkers Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,